Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger prices creeping up (unsurprisingly)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JonB

Oct 31, 2021
UK
During my recent (29th Dec) trip to the Gatwick Service Centre, I used their supercharger stalls to top the battery off at 33p / kWh. I had to go into my Tesla account to see this, and noticed that I'd charged there on the 8th Dec for 30p / kWh. So it looks to have gone up 10% in 3 weeks.

It's not surprising given the state of the energy market but definitely something to keep an eye on.

My understanding is that for commercial customers, the bigger costs can be the monthly fees based on max usage at any point in the month (so charged on peak kw, as well as a lower charge for kwh).

I don't know Tesla/UK situation, but adding storage (Megapacks) onsite would help with peak costs and also smooth demand/supply.

I can't predict SuC rates, but they might come down after current crisis which arguably had some avoidable causes. Or maybe not...

Terrible article (must be better sources) - Tesla increases the prices of Superchargers in France, here is what it will cost you more

In Germany, for example, the tariff goes from 0.40 euro / kWh to 0.45, while it goes from 0.29 to 0.36 euro in Spain.
In France, the price will drop from 0.37 euro / kWh to 0.40 euro (I think they mean rise)
...Germany
ChargersPrices
Tesla Superchargers (New)0.40 euro / kWh
Tesla Superchargers (Old)0.37 euro / kWh
TotalEnergies (175 kW)0.55 euro / kWh
Ionity0.79 euros / minute
Ionity (subscription)0.35 euro / minute
Fastned0.59 euro / kWh