Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
all depends on the agreements with the utility company. This looks like construction will definitely be done in 3 weeks: SJC/Oxnard/and most importantly Indio all waiting months to go live.. hopefully things are smoother since this isn't the first time for everyone involved.
Its the first (and only) time for Rancho Cucamonga Municipal Utility, but hopefully, being small, they will act promptly to install the transformer like happened at Truckee.

Its the first (and only) time for Rancho Cucamonga Municipal Utility, but hopefully, being small, they will act promptly to install the transformer like happened at Truckee.

A small utility can move quickly, but may not have the inventory of large transformers on hand. Hopefully someone has placed the order for the 750 kVA or 1000 kVA transformer already!

More progress, one pad poured, another ready to pour:

IMG_4843.jpg
IMG_4844.jpg
IMG_4845.jpg
IMG_4847.jpg

Nice photos..Thanks! The pad already there is the pre-poured pad for the utility transformer! That's a good thing. Maybe it is a sign that the utility transformer will arrive earlier than other supercharger sites and be hooked up once the utility cabinets and superchargers are on their (yet to be poured) pad!! Nonetheless this is great progress. Post a few more photos if you have them. It's great to see this site coming together!:smile: Looks like southern California got a little rain! NOW THAT REALLY IS A GOOD THING!!! Another observation is that this location stretching out in two directions has plenty of room for future expansion if/when necessary! Great!!

Last edited:
Dinner too?
I personally typically take the 15 from the Cajon Pass when going to SD. It seems to flow more smoothly in terms of traffic. Super excited that they decided on Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga! If I have one complaint (and it's a very minor one!) it's that they want to put it north of the theater. It seems that near the theater is where it's always hardest to find parking. A better choice would have probably been near Macy's. That parking lot is huge and always has tons of free space even during the busiest times on weekends. Again, very minor complaint. I can't wait for this to open!

- - - Updated - - -

This! The SJC and Indio superchargers were, up until now, the only SC's I was REALLY looking forward to opening (as I needed them for trips to San Diego and Yuma, respectively) and both got huge delays. I hope I'm not cursing this one with my anticipation again!

Edit: Also, Cottonwood, thanks a ton for the legwork you've been doing in regards to finding these locations! If we ever meet, I'm buying you a beer.

The vertical rebar in place and the cinderblocks on site means a nice enclosure. (ref: picture above, post 84) I prefer the cinderblock enclosures rather than the wood. Cinderblock enclosures will hold up over the test of time/weather conditions and add a more solid look to supercharging sites.

More progress, Thursday Noon, below.

There is still digging going on at the eastern end of what I assume is the HV extension. The trench from the original RCMU vault has been filled in, and vaults are in place on both sides of the roadway, but perhaps they still need to tunnel under the roadway to connect the vaults and reach the transformer pad.

The roadway is on the left in my picture looking from AMC into the parking lot on pg 8, Oct 26.

RC-SCcement.jpg

Last edited:
You beat me to posting some new pics, yours are better! I took a few after the construction crew went home yesterday,
security was watching the area it like a hawk! Thank you for the updated pictures, much appreciated!

IMG_0835.JPG
IMG_0839.JPG

Just visited the site tonight. I am having trouble uploading pictures from Tapatalk right now, so will get them uploaded soon.

The good news: the supercharger cables are now in place. This looks like a supercharger site now. It will be really nice with the landscaping and trees too.

The bad news: this parking lot was completely PACKED! We couldn't find a place to park, not an official place anyway. We had to park parallel to the dumpster so I could get out and take some pix. Not a parking spot in site. Of course it is Saturday night, and Intersteller (awesome, must-see movie btw) and Big Hero Six opened. So that probably played a factor in jamming the parking lot. So I hope these spots are not screaming to be iced.

Just visited the site tonight. I am having trouble uploading pictures from Tapatalk right now, so will get them uploaded soon.

The good news: the supercharger cables are now in place. This looks like a supercharger site now. It will be really nice with the landscaping and trees too.

The bad news: this parking lot was completely PACKED! We couldn't find a place to park, not an official place anyway. We had to park parallel to the dumpster so I could get out and take some pix. Not a parking spot in site. Of course it is Saturday night, and Intersteller (awesome, must-see movie btw) and Big Hero Six opened. So that probably played a factor in jamming the parking lot. So I hope these spots are not screaming to be iced.

Thanks for the update!