Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rancho Mirage CA (LIVE 18 Sep 2019, with SOLAR)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
731460A0-D4A1-4186-9AFB-2A5776063F64.jpeg
5BC9AB3E-27DE-4238-9C55-1E89B632C4B3.jpeg
97473372-9E4C-4B1B-A7BD-890B36EE1290.jpeg
Is the utility company transformer in place? I suspect it is not. Which means this location is weeks away from opening.
Drove by at 1 p.m. today and saw this going on.

Reactions: mociaf9
View attachment 452724 Tesla has added an additional 4 chargers that will not be covered like the other 18 chargers. Bringing the total to 22 chargers. The heat here can get up to 120 degrees in the summer so I don’t think these 4 will get much use when it’s hot.
Same as Indio and Cabazon, not covered and hot as hades; it’ll be utilized happily if the covered spots are taken! Thanks Tesla for this location! Can’t wait for the opening! Will there be a party? I’m betting it’ll be online by October 1, 2019.

Well, it’s definitely open for business! I just plugged in and tried 3 different chargers and they all work just fine with a moderate charging speed. I count 26 chargers, most under a canopy and a few out in the open nearby. This is great news for those who live in or visit the mid-Coachella Valley. And with open chargers in both Palm Springs and Indio, the entire Valley is now covered.

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
8A has been broken since it opened. Called Tesla and the recording says they monitor SC and if I was calling to report one down,,,hang up. I guess there are so many working and not being used it doesn't make sense to rush out and fix one. The cable has been laid over the top of the charger to indicate it's not working.

Headed out to play at PGA West this weekend and will probably need to charge here on the way back to Carlsbad. Can anybody tell me if Babe's BBQ is any good? If not, I'll probably grab dinner at the Yard House while charging up.
P. F. Chang’s is very good, you just need to make sure you done eating before you’re charged up. About a 7-8 minute walk to the chargers.