Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Redding, CA (LIVE 11 Oct 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in no way trying to argue this is a good location because it isn't for many reasons. However, one silver lining is the fact that the Branch House Bistro at Turtle bay near the Sundial Bridge will be opening today (September 21st) where there will be food and drinks including coffee. There is even a cleaner bathroom near the Bistro. But yes, the after hours bathrooms are dirty and there are a lot of homeless people in the area. Plus it's not very convenient for those travelling on I-5. Rumor has it there are two more Superchargers planned for the Redding area and one will compare to Firebaugh and Kettleman City. I'll believe it when I see it.
It has been a couple of years since I've been to the Sundial parking lot on a regular basis but I know the city use to lock the public bathrooms overnight to prevent homeless from sleeping in them. I'd think the after hours option for a good bathroom would be in the lobby in the Sheraton which is close by and within sight of the chargers.

Since Tesla seems to have a relationship with Holiday markets I wouldn't be surprised to see a Supercharger location at the new Holiday Marketplace that is under construction at Heartnell and Shasta View. They are suppose to have a 12 pump gas station there which makes it a bit like the Cottonwood location.

I am in no way trying to argue this is a good location because it isn't for many reasons. However, one silver lining is the fact that the Branch House Bistro at Turtle bay near the Sundial Bridge will be opening today (September 21st) where there will be food and drinks including coffee. There is even a cleaner bathroom near the Bistro. But yes, the after hours bathrooms are dirty and there are a lot of homeless people in the area. Plus it's not very convenient for those travelling on I-5. Rumor has it there are two more Superchargers planned for the Redding area and one will compare to Firebaugh and Kettleman City. I'll believe it when I see it.

One is known to be in Willows - which is midway between Corning and Williams, and about 75 miles south of Redding. Supposedly 100 stalls! And also to include capability for CCS cars - thanks to a bunch of grant money from the State of California.

Reactions: mkrueger
I completely forgot about the Bistro, That works in a pinch. OG Red Bluff is kinda the same I suppose. I hope they pull it out with a better location for the travelers :)

I completely forgot about the Bistro, That works in a pinch. OG Red Bluff is kinda the same I suppose. I hope they pull it out with a better location for the travelers :)
There is also Mosaic if you are looking for a more sit down full restaurant type of meal. Although looking at the menus for both the Bistro and Mosaic not reall the types of food I'm looking for, especially when on a road trip.

Just took the Dog for a run at the Civic and walked around. The bathrooms are still disgusting, --Change my mind :) -- But I'm sure you can use the ones at the Sheraton. I'm actually digging the site the more I look at it, I hope they put up a bit more lighting, AND there is Security at night anyway. PLUS we have several NEW stations going in at one of the Hotels on Hilltop. I'll post pics in a bit, non Tesla

Holiday Inn Express on hilltop.

Attachments

• 20220922_180519.jpg
    20220922_180519.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 20220922_180432.jpg
    20220922_180432.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 20220922_180455.jpg
    20220922_180455.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220922_180346.jpg
    20220922_180346.jpg
    797.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 20220922_180405.jpg
    20220922_180405.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 73
  • 20220922_180415.jpg
    20220922_180415.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: Trekboy
Just took the Dog for a run at the Civic and walked around. The bathrooms are still disgusting, --Change my mind :) -- But I'm sure you can use the ones at the Sheraton. I'm actually digging the site the more I look at it, I hope they put up a bit more lighting, AND there is Security at night anyway. PLUS we have several NEW stations going in at one of the Hotels on Hilltop. I'll post pics in a bit, non Tesla
According to Plug Share there are suppose to be chargers at Red Lion and Best Western on Hilltop as well and both locations have reviews on Plug Share

According to Plug Share there are suppose to be chargers at Red Lion and Best Western on Hilltop as well and both locations have reviews on Plug Share
Except you won't find those charges on Plug Share.. And these are not the Best Western or Red Lion. It's at the Holiday Inn Express on the North side of the parking lot. Just like I said earlier :)

Except you won't find those charges on Plug Share.. And these are not the Best Western or Red Lion. It's at the Holiday Inn Express on the North side of the parking lot. Just like I said earlier :)
Why would those chargers not be on PlugShare? Because the PS community just hasn't reported on them yet?

These PS L2 listings are critical to me when I book hotels. Especially when driving through Montana or ND and looking for a place to stay at night.

Why would those chargers not be on PlugShare? Because the PS community just hasn't reported on them yet?

These PS L2 listings are critical to me when I book hotels. Especially when driving through Montana or ND and looking for a place to stay at night.
I have no idea why their not there. Go look, you won't see them. I tried x2 times to upload them in a non-op state and PS still hasn't done it