Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Redding, CA (LIVE 11 Oct 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed on the map of Charge Point locations 20 new level 2 chargers showed up in the new downtown parking garage. Maybe that is why Redding wasn't interested in Superchargers in the downtown area since they already had plans for Charge Point locations there and they didn't want the competition. Yes I know big difference between Superchargers and level 2 but maybe the city officials don't understand the different groups the different type of chargers are aimed at.

I noticed on the map of Charge Point locations 20 new level 2 chargers showed up in the new downtown parking garage. Maybe that is why Redding wasn't interested in Superchargers in the downtown area since they already had plans for Charge Point locations there and they didn't want the competition. Yes I know big difference between Superchargers and level 2 but maybe the city officials don't understand the different groups the different type of chargers are aimed at.
With how dumb the City Government is, I would say your train of thought is 100% correct. A charger is a charger right lol. CoR owns the 4 CP at the Sundial so I'm sure they own the 20 downtown. They probably figured it would be a loss of revenue....Granted this is a stretch but seems likely.

With how dumb the City Government is, I would say your train of thought is 100% correct. A charger is a charger right lol. CoR owns the 4 CP at the Sundial so I'm sure they own the 20 downtown. They probably figured it would be a loss of revenue....Granted this is a stretch but seems likely.
Per the Charge Point map the level 2s in the parking garage are owned by Block 7 Retail Investors so the development group that is very friendly with the city government.

For some strange reason only the two stalls closest to the Charge Point units have writing saying EV Charging only, all the rest of the stalls have no signage indicating parking for charging only.
The "EV CHARGING ONLY" wording in the parking space is part of the standardized markings for ADA-accessible EV charging spaces in California, and so is present only at the ADA spaces in many locations, even when other spaces are signed for charging only.

Reactions: Fnlrun

Attachments

• 20221009_181134.jpg
    20221009_181134.jpg
    656.3 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: zeptomoby
Where the heck is this? It's not on my car's touchscreen, or Google Maps. I'm in Redding for a few days, so this would be perfect timing, if it's operational.
Ahhh...did you read the thread? No? Why Not?

ChargePoint Charging Station
+1 888-758-4389

Next to the Charge Point station at Sundial Bridge.