Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger replica for your garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering building a full size replica of a Supercharger (the newer red, gray and white design) to be placed in my garage just for fun. I'll probably use wood and dense sculpting foam, but I wonder if it's possible to buy the colored plastic panels from Tesla, even slightly damaged ones. They're obviously mass producing the panels, so I don't think supply is an issue. Does anyone have any suggestions about procuring some? I have no interest in stealing them, so please don't suggest that.

I'd either build a full free-standing unit, or more likely, attach just the front half of the unit to the wall directly, so it takes up less space in the garage but still looks more interesting than a 2D mural.

And that brings me to my second idea: a mural. I'm wondering if there's a market for a full-size Supercharger decal. I bet a lot of Tesla owners would like to apply one or more full-size Supercharger decals to their garage walls. I know I'd pay $100-ish for a well-made one. Would that interest anyone else?

supercharger-station.jpg

Looks good! I wouldn't pin your hopes on Tesla being very helpful, they don't tend to be. At one point they were providing my the little brackets that go under the seats for the footwell lighting, but all of a sudden they just quit, so I just had to make my own.

I do agree, having a version that's half 'in' the wall would look good. It's probably over-complicating things, but I wonder if there's a way to combine it with a HPWC...

I'm considering building a full size replica of a Supercharger (the newer red, gray and white design) to be placed in my garage just for fun. I'll probably use wood and dense sculpting foam, but I wonder if it's possible to buy the colored plastic panels from Tesla, even slightly damaged ones. They're obviously mass producing the panels, so I don't think supply is an issue. Does anyone have any suggestions about procuring some? I have no interest in stealing them, so please don't suggest that.

I'd either build a full free-standing unit, or more likely, attach just the front half of the unit to the wall directly, so it takes up less space in the garage but still looks more interesting than a 2D mural.
View attachment 190178
Did you ever make any progress in your project? I'm interested in doing something similar. :)