Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ripon, CA (LIVE 4 Jan 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting... that would put it roughly 6 miles south of Manteca # 1 and same for Manteca #2. Also 2 more just over 20 miles north on hwy 99 and those are less than 2 miles apart. But can see the need.
Same. There are going to be quite a few within just a few miles of one another, including the one in Modesto that will soon be joined by another Modesto-based SuperCharger but these can get pretty busy.

Same. There are going to be quite a few within just a few miles of one another, including the one in Modesto that will soon be joined by another Modesto-based SuperCharger but these can get pretty busy.
Yes, I understand that sometimes it seems that priorities are askew, but if opportunity to proceed with a SpC location to be built early is presented - go with it. When busy finally comes - it will be ready.

Reactions: El joe and 1100MCM
The “Find Us” map on Tesla.com shows Ripon with a target opening of Q4 2021, but this lot is still just vacant land. It appears that the correct address is 704 N Jack Tone Rd, as that parcel is currently listed for sale for $3.4M and the listing says, “Great opportunity to develop brand new gas station with good size C-store, drive-through restaurant/café and Tesla supercharger. Approved building plans are available, and the financing to construct from the bank (Subject for buyers’ qualification).”

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
It looks like a few permits were issued in January for that address at 704 Jack Tone Rd. I called the building department and they confirmed the permit has been applied for and the paperwork is being finalized but it hasn't been issued yet (Tesla hasn't selected a contractor yet). They confirmed the permit has 12 charging posts designated, though the gas station will go in first and the charging station later on, with an estimate of it being completed a year from now.

Ripon Construction has begun!!! (And nearly finished!!) GO Tesla!!!
AC1A19F1-6908-43CB-A3B9-799B33879DE4.jpeg
58315043-5433-4608-BCF1-3367590989C4.jpeg
E78E5B52-1F93-4BEA-A965-3489D162F552.jpeg
5059E13B-9004-4D74-B766-2C39D8C42715.jpeg
0B4C0064-542B-403E-AE25-1B90E8FE7596.jpeg
DE55F1D5-F4B5-4698-9353-4CA0F5F9135C.jpeg
F3F1184E-DA21-4CC2-AF81-B768C0D62506.jpeg

Amazing location right off the freeway and adjacent to Burger King, Popeye’s, and Les Schwab Tires. However, can one of your permit sleuths look up what the building will be in the same parking lot right next to the chargers? The space looks like a gas station and quicky mart lot with a service door for either smog or oil changes.

Reactions: PStewart
Wow, we have very different definitions of "nearly finished".
Stalls are in and trenches are covered. Just waiting on transformer. Typically at this stage they are open for use in 2-4 weeks. However, yes I agree that surrounding construction will likely hold up them from opening that soon. The Tesla install itself is about 90% complete. But may be months before it’s open due to waiting on the gas station construction. Ironic…. Haha

Local here! I drive by this area everyday.

This is a kind of an ok location. Any site between Modesto and Manteca is going to be terrible spot in my opinion.

The cities/towns of Ripon and Salida are always traffic-heavy due to the oncoming traffic of the 120 from the Bay Area - which merges onto CA99 hwy going south. Traffic heavy times are 3 pm to 6pm.

When going north from Modesto to join the 120 you’ll see HEAVY traffic from 7 am to 9 am.

Tons of accidents occur here when people are traveling home from work.

USE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS in this area if you will be using this location! :)

I guess Tesla probably saw a need?! But they honestly they should’ve skipped ripon / salida in my opinion lol

Still cool to see a new location though

Looks finished, just waiting on the gas station to open its parking lot.

View attachment 916924View attachment 916925
And some striping. And some cladding on the canopy pillars. And the shell branding and facia to the canopy. And some rocks or mulch or other landscaping to fill in around the concrete and asphalt. I’d say grass but that takes water and it is California...

They‘ve got TWO WEEKS! to hit their Q1 target.