Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Robertsdale, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm heading to Orange Beach in early June. If you do not mind me asking, what route(s) do you take to/from Tulsa to that area?
Hunger and pee breaks permitting, I'll mostly follow ABRP which shows I'm going to first hit the Ozark, AR V3 supercharger, race across to the Brinkley V3 Supercharger, break south on highway 49 over to Batesville, MS then south to the Grenada Supercharger. After that we will stop at the Meridian Supercharger and hopefully eat Mexican at the mall over there in honor of Cinco de Mayo before we finally drive to the nearest DC charger to our AirBnB in Gulf Shores for a quick top up.

Our AirBnB hosts said I could charge at the house if I can find a plug but I want to give myself some buffer if that somehow doesn't work out (bad outlets, outlets too far away, 120V is the best I get, etc)

I go back and forth between using the old V2 Supercharger in Mobile and the new Chargepoint in Foley for that last stop if this Robertsdale V3 isn't operational. The Mobile V2 Superchargers are supposed to be in a kind of sketchy area and we'd be using it at night while the Chargepoint looks to be power limited to 30kW. If Tesla would just release their CCS1 adapter, maybe I could try for the EA station too but that seems very unlikely and I don't trust EA Chademo reliability. I really hope these Robertsdale V3 Superchargers are completed in time because they would be so much better than any of those other options.

Last edited:
Reactions: LandThief
In Foley, the good people at Benson's Appliance, across 59 from the Chargepoint station, have both a Tesla destination charger and a J1772 charger. Both are free.

@LandThief From I-10, the fastest way to Orange Beach is to skip the 59 exit and go to the Beach Express, which ends in a toll bridge that will take you right there, letting you skip the traffic in Foley and Gulf Shores.

Stopped by this morning. Fence is down. Utility Transformer is installed along with a meter. Getting closer.

Attachments

• 240E8F5C-D9AB-4A07-A158-CF4405521971.jpeg
    240E8F5C-D9AB-4A07-A158-CF4405521971.jpeg
    636.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 8545C0A0-022F-4F29-9E8C-8A3451C038A0.jpeg
    8545C0A0-022F-4F29-9E8C-8A3451C038A0.jpeg
    381.8 KB · Views: 91
  • DF4E4A11-1237-48AC-B8A6-147AFF5893DE.jpeg
    DF4E4A11-1237-48AC-B8A6-147AFF5893DE.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 94
  • A21DEAEA-42B0-4C26-BC52-954485BCAE94.jpeg
    A21DEAEA-42B0-4C26-BC52-954485BCAE94.jpeg
    454.2 KB · Views: 101
A line of cars waiting at a brand new SC site? Tesla doesn't normally route people to it right away. @PocketChange , you are definitely talking about the site that subject of this thread, right? Robertsdale AL, north of Foley AL, on the Baldwin Beach Express?

Or did you mean a line of cars waiting for gas and thus somewhat in the way?

Is this appearing in in-car nav?

A line of cars waiting at a brand new SC site? Tesla doesn't normally route people to it right away. @PocketChange , you are definitely talking about the site that subject of this thread, right? Robertsdale AL, north of Foley AL, on the Baldwin Beach Express?

Or did you mean a line of cars waiting for gas and thus somewhat in the way?

Is this appearing in in-car nav?
From previous experience, there is always a crazy line of cars for the gas pumps, to the point that they've got barricades up in the parking lot to direct traffic.

I'm not sure if this is the case for this specific instance, however unless these charging stalls are located incredibly far away from the main building, you can expect them to be ICE'ed quite often.

EDIT:
So if this is in the South East corner of the parking lot like described and the pictures seem to indicate, that is just about the best location to avoid ICE'ing that they can do. However, when busy the line for the gas pumps can pass right by there and could make it more difficult to get in/out of. Hopefully they redirect traffic when these are officially open?

Last edited: