Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sacramento, CA (LIVE 13 Oct 2017)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just drove by right now. Saw the 2 SMUD vans out there. There’s 3 guys working (chit chatting) with the Tesla transformer panels open. Will trying going back during lunch to see if I’m the first!

F7E421D9-9854-40FA-AAC1-389C0E0F1120.jpeg

Just drove by right now. Saw the 2 SMUD vans out there. There’s 3 guys working (chit chatting) with the Tesla transformer panels open. Will trying going back during lunch to see if I’m the first!

What kinda Tesla fan are you?!? You're supposed to camp out there until they throw the switch. :)

Bruce.

stopped by tonight at 6:50 pm. Saw the SMUD who was kind enough to talk to me.
Me: if I may ask, what's the work you're doing right now?
SMUD guy: I am putting meters in. That way we SMUD can send Tesla a bill whenever electricity is used.
Me: By when will everything be ready?
Smud: They should have power by tomorrow. You'll probably be able to use it a week from now. There's currently no power in these chargers. I'll be working all night and after I put the meter in theyll have power by tomorrow.
Me: How come it takes a week to be able to use it if power is available by tomorrow?
Smud: Because there's a few paperwork that they're going to have to sign off on. But you should be use it soon, by next week.

Thank you Smud person! This is exciting news!!

Attachments

• IMAG1993.jpg
    IMAG1993.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG1994.jpg
    IMAG1994.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 52
stopped by tonight at 6:50 pm. Saw the SMUD who was kind enough to talk to me.
Me: if I may ask, what's the work you're doing right now?
SMUD guy: I am putting meters in. That way we SMUD can send Tesla a bill whenever electricity is used.
Me: By when will everything be ready?
Smud: They should have power by tomorrow. You'll probably be able to use it a week from now. There's currently no power in these chargers. I'll be working all night and after I put the meter in theyll have power by tomorrow.
Me: How come it takes a week to be able to use it if power is available by tomorrow?
Smud: Because there's a few paperwork that they're going to have to sign off on. But you should be use it soon, by next week.

Thank you Smud person! This is exciting news!!
Thanks so much for the great update. Just one week too late for my trip this time but I am glad it will be there when I travel home in April.