Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sagamore Beach, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made a trip down there today, before I checked this thread. I took a bunch of photos, but @tfinan covered everything except:

IMAG0127.jpg

the fronts. Looking good!

So remaining items are utility power, two overhead light fixtures behind stalls and a sign/light at the entrance.

It is amazing they did curbing, fencing, paving, landscaping and brought in testing generator this week.

This week the Edison NJ site was generator testing Tuesday, meter Tuesday night, utility connections Thursday, site open Friday. Hope Sagamore has similar progress and opens in a week(or less).

Signage is rare

"a sign/light at the entrance"

I drove my Model S from San Francisco to Boston with my wife and three dogs, using the superchargers. It was a great trip, albeit 1000 miles out of the way. Signage was so rare on that trip, the joke became "look for the pile of wood", meaning the horizontal wood fence that surrounds the DC generators. Also trashcans were pretty much non-existent. One charger in the Rockies had one and the one in Newark does too.

Any more progress?

You guys rock! You have been the best at keeping us all up to date with great photos every few days!! THANK YOU!!!!! Let's hope it goes live very, very soon.

Keep checking back to see if they've hooked up the power. We are heading to the Cape on Friday and I was sure hoping to try out the Supercharger. It will enable us to use the car while on the Cape, instead of parking it the garage using the 110 outlet charging.

Perhaps power will line from across the street and then T down this new pole. Does anyone know if conduit was run from the utility transformer pad to the base of this pole? I've taken photos of pole connections at Gila Bend AZ and Cortes Junction AZ sites for reference. It sure looks like that is what is going on here. ..... I was at this site in Sagamore long before even the pedestal foundations were in so I couldn't determine where source power was coming from:tongue:. If you photo takers get a chance.. please focus on the run from the main source of power to the utility transformer site, which I think will follow the line of travel suggested by this pole placement. Thank you!:smile:

Its possible they ran the conduits from the transformer pad to the new light pole that is visible in the above picture, and they'll only need to be extended it 15-20 feet (of course they are down at least 24-36 inches, depending on the local code). it looks doubtful they'll have this done for labor day weekend, which technically starts tomorrow. I'm betting that was the goal...