Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Saint-Léonard-d’Aston, QC (Madrid 2.0)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the other one on 4A charger? That would explain the only 48 KW rate ?
The other one was charging on 1a.

The low kW was because of my cold battery. Further on during recharge kW count went up to 70, but then tapered back down as the charge % was increasing. Range mode is nice, but I can literally drive a full battery's worth of charge with low regen because the battery heater intervenes less. Also has an impact when Supercharging.

But that was all good! Gave me time to enjoy a good meal at St-Hubert instead of contemplating the back wall of a shopping mall... :D

Finally on PlugShare, though funny how they kept changing the location’s name each time.
BBC4E26B-05B3-42DE-A810-AE560FA3D69E.png
5F4BF7DD-F4D6-49F2-9111-D7C7ADB300D1.png
A3E8D3E5-C613-4790-B2EE-BFC1DD3A6DE8.png

@Chuq @tes-s (@BlueShift)

I don’t agree at all with the fact that this Supercharger is now called Sainte-Eulalie on supercharge.info. I know 100% that Tesla calls it Sainte-Eulalie on their official map, but this Supercharger is not in Ste-Eulalie! It’s located in Saint-Léonard-d’Aston. Just look at the address of this Supercharger.

I’m almost getting the impression that you don’t understand Tesla’s placeholder concept, or am I wrong? Tesla wanted to install a Supercharger at the intersection of the 40 and the 55, so they decided on putting a marker at Sainte-Eulalie. Turns out, the Supercharger was installed in Saint-Léonard-d’Aston, about 10km away. That still does not mean they are the same place! I’m assuming someone at Tesla either didn’t rename the location or simply moved the placeholder to the new location. Still, this Supercharger is located in Saint-Léonard-d’Aston, not in Sainte-Eulalie.

I know you could say that we could ramble about this in a private conversation but I think that people watching this thread might have something to say in the argument.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
@Chuq @tes-s (@BlueShift)

I don’t agree at all with the fact that this Supercharger is now called Sainte-Eulalie on supercharge.info. I know 100% that Tesla calls it Sainte-Eulalie on their official map, but this Supercharger is not in Ste-Eulalie! It’s located in Saint-Léonard-d’Aston. Just look at the address of this Supercharger.

Very good point. I created a new thread to discuss this so we don't hijack this thread.

Naming Superchargers - supercharge.info

They are adding four 50 kW CCS/CHAdeMO units for the Circuit Électrique. Not Tesla-related.
I was there a few days ago and noticed the same thing and also guessed that it wasn't Tesla related. It doesn't make sense to expand this one already anyway. It's still pretty new and I don't think it's been crowded. I did take a pic at the supercharger, but it was dark and I didn't really capture the new construction well so not going to bother posting it.

I was there a few days ago and noticed the same thing and also guessed that it wasn't Tesla related. It doesn't make sense to expand this one already anyway. It's still pretty new and I don't think it's been crowded. I did take a pic at the supercharger, but it was dark and I didn't really capture the new construction well so not going to bother posting it.
D0A290DA-5394-4AB6-8BDA-ABF8BCBCF622.jpeg

Reactions: Bogobec
@RiverBrick provided me with the outage map (link below). This post today
Service has been reestablished at Pointe Claire and Drummondville, but is still out at Madrid 2.0 in St-Leonard-d'Aston (strangely called St Eulalie by Tesla).

Here is the statement by Hydro QC regarding the outages due to Friday's storm :

Service interruptions
Power outages across Québec caused by strong winds
November 03, 2019
Day 3: Fall storm

The strong winds over the last few days caused numerous power outages in many regions of Québec. There are still a significant number of outages in Montérégie, Laurentides, Chaudière-Appalaches, Estrie and Centre-du-Québec.

Today, more than 1,400 employees are hard at work to restore service. To speed up service restoration, utilities from Ontario, Detroit, Nova-Scotia are sending help, as are other Québec companies.

Given the considerable extent of the event, it is difficult for us to predict how long it will take for power to be restored.

In some areas, complete sections of the power system must be rebuilt. In others, transformers and poles must be replaced. This means that equipment must be prepared and shipped from all over Québec. Rest assured that crews will be working day and night to restore service as fast as possible.

We appreciate that the situation is difficult for our customers. We thank you for your understanding and patience.

Thread link : Eastern Canada Superchargers
Outage map : Service interruptions | Power outages | Hydro-Québec

Reactions: juliusa