Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salisbury, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The delay is frustrating and hopefully it's resolved very soon but is it possible the delay could be due to the change over for V3 chargers? I'd certainly be more patient if I knew it was because we were getting V3s...
Transformers in Woodstock and Salisbury are both 500 kV not the 1000kV required for V3. Didn't look at the one in Quispam to see if it was the same, but it looked the same from the distance.

The delay is frustrating and hopefully it's resolved very soon but is it possible the delay could be due to the change over for V3 chargers? I'd certainly be more patient if I knew it was because we were getting V3s...

There have a been delays in installing the cabling and pedestals in various places in North America and none of them were because of version 3.

So, stop wishing. Assume any Supercharger under construction is going to be version 2 unless the set-up very clearly indicates otherwise.

There are very few version 3 installations, it's not anywhere near a wide rollout. Ignore what Elon Musk said about when it would be rolling out. It was just the usual sales bullshit he spews.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Yeah, sorry. I too wish we were getting V3s. It would have been so fabulous to have every other site along the way being V3, but the 8 stall configuration at all the sites, the Baileyville ones being V2, the lower power transformers all point to the same conclusion. Of course, we've been using Chademo at least 2 or 3 times a week all summer at Salisbury, so we will remain THRILLED when the 3-4x plus speed and free (for our car) Supercharger comes along there! We would have been really very ok with only 2 stalls setup when they had the option of splitting up the 8 at Enfield to 2 at each location. I suspect if they'd realized the extent of the delay that decision would have been different.

Reactions: ArcticStation
There have a been delays in installing the cabling and pedestals in various places in North America and none of them were because of version 3.

So, stop wishing. Assume any Supercharger under construction is going to be version 2 unless the set-up very clearly indicates otherwise.

There are very few version 3 installations, it's not anywhere near a wide rollout. Ignore what Elon Musk said about when it would be rolling out. It was just the usual sales bullshit he spews.

Yeah, sorry. I too wish we were getting V3s. It would have been so fabulous to have every other site along the way being V3, but the 8 stall configuration at all the sites, the Baileyville ones being V2, the lower power transformers all point to the same conclusion. Of course, we've been using Chademo at least 2 or 3 times a week all summer at Salisbury, so we will remain THRILLED when the 3-4x plus speed and free (for our car) Supercharger comes along there! We would have been really very ok with only 2 stalls setup when they had the option of splitting up the 8 at Enfield to 2 at each location. I suspect if they'd realized the extent of the delay that decision would have been different.

Bummer, I didn't have high expectations but a man can wish... I know Tesla is pushing hard on expansion to new countries which is very likely where the delay is coming from but I think they should remember that there #1 market is still North America. Canada may not have an adoption rate like Norway but we are still 5th overall in sales which I think is impressive considering how spotty Supercharger coverage has been here to date. Once the coast to coast expansion is complete, I think that will dramatically help move some EVs. Elon said it best himself, where they have good coverage, they have good sales. I know they're anxious to achieve world domination but rather than ramping up costs and spreading yourself too thin over the entire globe, they should really focus on perfecting the markets they already have where sales are good and THEN move on.

The V2/V3 stuff has been discussed in plenty of places. Sorry to add to this off-topic issue, but V3 is not going to save much charging time with the vehicles currently available. You only get that high charge rate at a low SoC, and it slows down rapidly after a few minutes.
I'd actually like to see a couple of urban chargers side by side with V2/V3 sites. I'd like to be able to eat a meal uninterrupted rather than get up after the menu arrives to go move my car.

Reactions: JSergeant
Ri
The V2/V3 stuff has been discussed in plenty of places. Sorry to add to this off-topic issue, but V3 is not going to save much charging time with the vehicles currently available. You only get that high charge rate at a low SoC, and it slows down rapidly after a few minutes.
I'd actually like to see a couple of urban chargers side by side with V2/V3 sites. I'd like to be able to eat a meal uninterrupted rather than get up after the menu arrives to go move my car.

Right, I couldn't care less whether I am Supercharging on v2 or v3.
I drove from Montreal to Fredericton this Summer which is now feasible in 1 day thanks to the addition of Saint Leonard Supercharger. The only thing which would make the trip really faster and cheaper would be the opening of Woodstock which, by the way, would be a blessing for the folks driving from Bangor.

Ri

Right, I couldn't care less whether I am Supercharging on v2 or v3.
I drove from Montreal to Fredericton this Summer which is now feasible in 1 day thanks to the addition of Saint Leonard Supercharger. The only thing which would make the trip really faster and cheaper would be the opening of Woodstock which, by the way, would be a blessing for the folks driving from Bangor.
YUP. been saying forever that the most important charger location in Atlantic Canada is Woodstock. The intersection of multiple routes. I think though that the powers have decided that Quispam is more so as they opened Baileyville to connect to Quispam to Aulac.
All will be good when we get those remaining 4 done.

YUP. been saying forever that the most important charger location in Atlantic Canada is Woodstock. The intersection of multiple routes. I think though that the powers have decided that Quispam is more so as they opened Baileyville to connect to Quispam to Aulac.
All will be good when we get those remaining 4 done.
Facilitating travel from the high-Tesla-density northeastern US to the touristy parts of Atlantic Canada has got to be a higher priority than facilitating Maine to New Brunswick travel. I've been to NB 3x in my Tesla and I don't think I've seen another Tesla the entire time, including at the superchargers.

Reactions: Big Earl
Facilitating travel from the high-Tesla-density northeastern US to the touristy parts of Atlantic Canada has got to be a higher priority than facilitating Maine to New Brunswick travel. I've been to NB 3x in my Tesla and I don't think I've seen another Tesla the entire time, including at the superchargers.
LOL. Yet 2 days ago I was plugged in at Lincoln for 15 mins and there was an X from California, an S from Ontario and a 3 from Maine there.

Reactions: duanra
Going Northeast via Woodstock is already "very East". More East would be going through Calais and Saint John. I am not sure about the road between Calais and Saint John. Via Woodstock, you join the TC and if you want to go to Atlantic Canada, it is going to be easier via the TC. Also The East Coast of New Brunswick is one of the most touristic place of Atlantic Canada.
So yes, Woodstock would be for me the priority for a SC.

Going Northeast via Woodstock is already "very East". More East would be going through Calais and Saint John. I am not sure about the road between Calais and Saint John. Via Woodstock, you join the TC and if you want to go to Atlantic Canada, it is going to be easier via the TC. Also The East Coast of New Brunswick is one of the most touristic place of Atlantic Canada.
The road from St. Stephen to St. John is higher quality than a US Interstate. Well probably the same quality, but in better shape due to lack of use. It seemed ridiculously overbuilt, but I loved driving on it.

And yes, upon further review, Woodstock facilitates travel from NE US to PEI/NS nearly as well as Quispam. But my main point was that these superchargers are mostly being built for out of province road trippers, not for the few hardy NB souls who drive Teslas.

The road from St. Stephen to St. John is higher quality than a US Interstate. Well probably the same quality, but in better shape due to lack of use. It seemed ridiculously overbuilt, but I loved driving on it.

And yes, upon further review, Woodstock facilitates travel from NE US to PEI/NS nearly as well as Quispam. But my main point was that these superchargers are mostly being built for out of province road trippers, not for the few hardy NB souls who drive Teslas.
Well, you got a point, there are very few EVs in NB, but since NB will have 5 SC in a near future, hopefully it will change !:)

Oh yes, it is a nice road.

Woodstock, NB facilitates travel from NE US, but it's a higher-speed route and slower (even ignoring charging) route than ME-9->NB-1.

Just on the road from Calais to Saint John today. Finest highway in the Maritimes. Wide, clean, and smooth with scenic views of the Bay of Fundy and light traffic it joins the TC 120 kms east of Saint John, near River Glade and just west of the Salisbury Big Stop. With many kilometres of game fencing the possibility of a collision with deer, moose or a bear is greatly reduced although I was attacked by a rabbit just last week. Heading towards Maine the new highway by-passes St Stephen and Calais and joins US 1 just a short distance from the Irving Big Stop and route 9 (The Airline) to the Brewer Supercharger. Bangor - Moncton is about 60 kms shorter via Saint John than via Woodstock and the Brewer Supercharger is better positioned for that route. However US 1 and 9 are only two lane roads, about 90 kms.

Just on the road from Calais to Saint John today. Finest highway in the Maritimes. Wide, clean, and smooth with scenic views of the Bay of Fundy and light traffic it joins the TC 120 kms east of Saint John, near River Glade and just west of the Salisbury Big Stop. With many kilometres of game fencing the possibility of a collision with deer, moose or a bear is greatly reduced although I was attacked by a rabbit just last week. Heading towards Maine the new highway by-passes St Stephen and Calais and joins US 1 just a short distance from the Irving Big Stop and route 9 (The Airline) to the Brewer Supercharger. Bangor - Moncton is about 60 kms shorter via Saint John than via Woodstock and the Brewer Supercharger is better positioned for that route. However US 1 and 9 are only two lane roads, about 90 kms.

Yes, you can bypass Calais, ME, but once you factor in the diversion to Dunkin for your spouse to get coffee, you might as well pass through it.

• Funny
Reactions: duanra
Since were speaking about roads, I’d just like to pop in a suggestion as someone who just got back home from New Brunswick. If you are heading Montreal-bound from a town like St Stephen or St Andrews, for whatever the f*** you do, do not take Tesla’s suggestion of taking the McAdam-Canterbury Rte 630 as a more direct route to get to the Woodstock, or my case, the St Leo Supercharger. This is an extremely bumpy, rocky, dirt road, which, for the sake of keeping your car in one piece, you would average a speed of 40 km/h for a distance of some 50 kilometres. It was absolute HELL! For the record, I luckily didn’t throw up when we stopped at Woodstock to check out the Supercharger.

I wished I could have passed by the Baileyville Supercharger, and see if it was open, but the car probably wouldn’t make it to St Leo with enough range if it wasn’t operational (and I still don’t know if it is).

Photo, Green is road you should take, Red is the one you must not take. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
7A61701D-953D-4FC8-B375-FC430D3A1261.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since were speaking about roads, I’d just like to pop in a suggestion as someone who just got back home from New Brunswick. If you are heading Montreal-bound from a town like St Stephen or St Andrews, for whatever the f*** you do, do not take Tesla’s suggestion of taking the McAdam-Canterbury Rte 630 as a more direct route to get to the Woodstock, or my case, the St Leo Supercharger. This is an extremely bumpy, rocky, dirt road, which, for the sake of keeping your car in one piece, you would average a speed of 40 km/h for a distance of some 50 kilometres. It was absolute HELL! For the record, I luckily didn’t throw up when we stopped at Woodstock to check out the Supercharger.

I wished I could have passed by the Baileyville Supercharger, and see if it was open, but the car probably wouldn’t make it to St Leo with enough range if it wasn’t operational (and I still don’t know if it is).

Photo, Green is road you should take, Red is the one you must not take. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!View attachment 446931
The red route (630) is what Google Maps suggests too; their alternative is NB-3 to NB-2, which is 45km and 17 min longer. They don't even suggest your green route, US-1, which involves two border crossings, which some people may not want to do. It is about the same distance as the NB-3 route, but Google estimates total time at 42 minutes longer than 630.
Edit: On the other hand, if you are going from Baileyville, ME to Woodstock, NB, Google Maps suggests US-1 as the best route - 151km/1:57, with NB-630 as the alternative (4km and 3 min shorter). I assume Tesla Nav would do the same, although we all know about assumptions.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
The red route (630) is what Google Maps suggests too; their alternative is NB-3 to NB-2, which is 45km and 17 min longer. They don't even suggest your green route, US-1, which involves two border crossings, which some people may not want to do. It is about the same distance as the NB-3 route, but Google estimates total time at 42 minutes longer than 630.
Edit: On the other hand, if you are going from Baileyville, ME to Woodstock, NB, Google Maps suggests US-1 as the best route - 151km/1:57, with NB-630 as the alternative (4km and 3 min shorter). I assume Tesla Nav would do the same, although we all know about assumptions.
Google maps uses route 630 but TomTom has the best route which is route 3 to the TC at King's Landing.