Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salisbury, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty impressive assuming that there is only one planned for NS. They could really use one farther north in NS - maybe Pt Hawkesbury, Baddeck or Sydney.
Seen the distance between Superchargers in NB, I’d say that they could also get a Supercharger in Truro. Easily.

D7464C54-7402-4161-87E5-95F713D339EE.jpeg
286F7741-E9A1-45DF-A19E-D863C40FCB91.jpeg
68D3AFFD-8E14-4890-BE3D-F5D6F9DE892A.jpeg
68D3AFFD-8E14-4890-BE3D-F5D6F9DE892A.jpeg
Here’s a few more pics from tonight

Attachments

• 4CEA7984-425A-44A0-98E8-320EB3009236.jpeg
    4CEA7984-425A-44A0-98E8-320EB3009236.jpeg
    607.4 KB · Views: 40
There's a bunch of Irvings along NS-104. But Truro, NS, Auld's Cove, NS and Baddeck, NS would allow travel to and from Cape Breton, NS.

But it's 450 km just to loop the northwestern part of Cape Breton that includes the National Park, so if they're going to do it, they really need multiple locations on Cape Breton.

NS is a frustrating space to cover with superchargers because it's long and narrow, but there are few major north/south routes.

This means the bulk of NS travel is along the coast, with the "waist" section of Halifax to Truro the major north/south exception.

(This is all assuming you look at NS as running roughly east/west, but some might say it's north/south, so adjust my terminology as you wish.)

That means that to cover NS "properly" (i.e. not requiring a full 400+ km charge between stops), you need something in the Truro area PLUS (e.g.):

Digby
Shelburne
Port Hawkesbury
Cape North (or someone in the Cape Breton Highlands National Park)
Sydney (although, personally I would say put it at Louisbourg and make people head out there to charge!)

Otherwise you can't get around the southern tip, and you can't get around Cape Breton.

And that's in addition to the Enfield charger that's going in now.

A lot of chargers for a thin little province with next to no Teslas in it, so those would all serve (essentially) tourists.

• Love
Reactions: mazeminder and Tz00
Since Enfield, NS is already under construction, maybe the Salisbury, NB construction crew will move onto Saint John, NB next.
Actually, they’re just setting up in Enfield. I fully believe the crew in Salisbury will all be coming to Enfield to do that job before they go elsewhere.

When Enfield nears completion, that’ll be the time to start looking at other Supercharger sites that One Wind will move to next.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
There's a bunch of Irvings along NS-104. But Truro, NS, Auld's Cove, NS and Baddeck, NS would allow travel to and from Cape Breton, NS.

But it's 450 km just to loop the northwestern part of Cape Breton that includes the National Park, so if they're going to do it, they really need multiple locations on Cape Breton.
I agree Baddeck would be an excellent location. Regardless of any arrangement Tesla may have with Irving Oil Truro Big Stop is a detour, about 10 or 12 kms, for Cape Breton and Newfoundland bound traffic and that parking lot seems to be always full. Masstown Market with all of its attractions (seafood chowder, Tims) might be more convenient. The Cabot Trail is going to be a tough one. They could start off with a couple of destination chargers at Ingonish and Cheticamp. A few destination or Flo chargers on the Newfy ferries would also make sense.

Reactions: madmax240
Are we sure that this is a Tesla site? Those white boxes look like Electrify America equipment.
[Yes I know NB is in Canada...]
This looks like a CCS/Chademo install.
The pattern of the conduit stubs in the equipment pad area matches Superchargers and doesn't match the EA installations that I've seen (though those were all from a while ago, so EA's layouts may have changed since then). And the boxes seen in the picture look like they are part of the switchgear and identical to what Tesla uses at many supercharger sites.