Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Del Mar Heights Road (CLOSED 16 Sep 2021, 18 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of more work needed
The transformer pad is right off of the sidewalk down from the conduits noticed earlier (no transformer in place)
The shops have not opened as far as I could tell (all entrances blocked as of yesterday) despite a few shops sending out mailers giving a March 1st open.
Lots of construction ongoing, but appears focused on the mall and not supercharger completion

I was by there today. I didn't look like anything was happening related to the supercharger. I'm guessing the pad on the right side of this photo is where the transformer will go.
IMG_4387.JPG

SDG&E was nearby working on something else in the complex. The place still a construction zone, and it doesn't appear that anything is open. Though I may swing by tomorrow since the Eater article posted above implies that the public is invited from 11-4 Saturday and 12-2 Sunday.

Reactions: mociaf9
Here's another article on One Paseo that gives opening dates for some of the store/restaurants:

One Paseo opens for business — kind of

One Paseo Retail Openings

March 9

• Van de Vort
March 16
  • Curbar
  • Drybar
  • Faherty
  • Joe and the Juice
  • Marrow Fine
  • Nathan West
  • Salt & Straw
  • SoulCycle
  • Susie’s Cakes
  • The Butchery
  • Urban Beach House
  • West of Camden
  • Whiskey and Leather
Future
  • Blackbook Bikini
  • Blue Bottle
  • BodyROK
  • Byrd’s Nest
  • Color Counter
  • Cava
  • Harland Brewery
  • International Smoke
  • Juice Crafters
  • Le Macaron
  • Mizukiyama Sushi
  • Motion Stretch
  • North Italia
  • Parakeet Café
  • Pigment
  • Sephora
  • Shake Shack
  • Shop Good
  • Specs Optometry
  • Sweetfin Poké
  • Tender Greens
  • Tocaya Organica
  • URBN
  • Vibe Flow Yoga
  • Ways & Means Oyster House

I dropped by today. You can drive right into the parking structure, but the only entrance that's really open is the second entrance on Del Mar Heights Road, if you're going eastbound. (That entrance is only accessible if going eastbound. Turn just after you pass the parking structure.)

I doesn't appear that any progress has been made since I was there last weekend (possibly much longer). It's like they got it 90% complete and just quit.

IMG_4391.JPG IMG_4392.JPG IMG_4394.JPG

I dropped by today. You can drive right into the parking structure, but the only entrance that's really open is the second entrance on Del Mar Heights Road, if you're going eastbound. (That entrance is only accessible if going eastbound. Turn just after you pass the parking structure.)

I doesn't appear that any progress has been made since I was there last weekend (possibly much longer). It's like they got it 90% complete and just quit.

View attachment 386405 View attachment 386419 View attachment 386421
A spot already getting ICEd...;-)

They probably slowed down the spending of money until after the quarter to conserve cash.

But if that's the case, wouldn't they have left up the fence to protect the unfinished project? I'm thinking the fence removal indicates they were kicked out to make room for parking during their grand opening. There were also signs around indicating no contractor parking. Though with only being about half open, they don't really seem to need the parking.

Reactions: gaswalla
agree - the opening of the facility was this past week and was already delayed. It still looks like a lot work left for the construction folks. Huge surprise to most of us, but the superchargers were probably a lower priority than opening the mall