Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Del Mar Heights Road (CLOSED 16 Sep 2021, 18 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just at Del Mar. 4 plugs broken and 4+ car line. More chargers can't come soon enough, but even the ones that are here aren't reliable enough. Pretty frustrating. Watched as people would make a line in one of the few lanes coming up to the stalls, but then start another line. People arguing about which line was the right one...

Attachments

• IMG_20200209_183603.jpg
    IMG_20200209_183603.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Informative
Reactions: Dave EV
Moderator note (bmah): This post plus the next few 4 or so replies were moved from the San Diego (Carmel Valley) thread. I hope this is the right place, not familiar with One Paseo or any other Superchargers around San Diego.

I've heard the One Paseo one is closing. This + the Torrey Hills one are welcomed upgrades to get rid of the urban chargers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard the One Paseo one is closing. This + the Torrey Hills one are welcomed upgrades to get rid of the urban chargers.
This is interesting.. only used a few times but thought One Paseo was a great location with all the restaurants and shops around there. Is there an official statement on this potential closure and can anyone else confirm?

Reactions: jowaldo
This is interesting.. only used a few times but thought One Paseo was a great location with all the restaurants and shops around there. Is there an official statement on this potential closure and can anyone else confirm?
Wow, if true, that would be a waste of money on Tesla’s part. It wasn’t open long enough to recoup all the capital expenditures they put into it.

Wow, if true, that would be a waste of money on Tesla’s part. It wasn’t open long enough to recoup all the capital expenditures they put into it.
That would suck if it's true. This is my all-time favorite SC site. So many shopping, dining options and it's close to work (for selfish reasons) and it's close to the freeway. Very convenient. <heavy sigh>

Reactions: gorgonaut
It really is too slow at 72kw for such a busy area. Fills up often. I wonder if there just isn't enough power available and very high rent. Makes some sense to put faster chargers in a slightly lower rent area down the street.
Wait Tesla has to pay rent for chargers? If anything business owners should pay them for the increased traffic imao

Reactions: JeffnReno