Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 days until the title of this thread will need to be changed

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432874081.037216.jpg

Not sure if people know, but a constuction worker have stated he saw people charging there already even though the entrance is blocked off. There is light on the supercharger so i suspect it is all setup to charge. Here is a couple pictures of how i think those model s owners got in.

20150529_064748_HDR.jpg

If you want to charge you have to drive on the pedestrian walkway.
20150529_064625_HDR.jpg

Some gravel section. Nothing a tesla cant run over.
20150529_064636_HDR.jpg

You can definitely fit a tesla between the tree and the curb.
20150529_064643_HDR.jpg
20150529_064701_HDR.jpg

One tesla or any car can fit in and out of the small section if driven carefully.
20150529_064654_HDR.jpg

Once you get to the handicap parking, you shouldnt need to jump any curb.
20150529_064355_HDR.jpg

This picture shows the blocked off entrance.

Side note. After someone mentioned the possibility of future SD SCs being built, I decided to email Tesla SC email on their website.

Their first reply was this:

Hi Marc,

Thank you for your email. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open this site as soon as possible. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S.

We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Best regards,
The Tesla Supercharger Team

I then responded asking if this means there are more superchargers currently being planned for San Diego after this one opens?

Their reply:

Hi Marc,

No, we do not have immediate plans to build additional Superchargers in San Diego after this coming station. As time goes on we will look to add density and alternative options for Supercharging along our most popular routes.

Thank you,

So, not sure what "add density and alternative options for Supercharging" are, but sure does suck knowing that no other SCs are being planned in SD right now.

Side note. After someone mentioned the possibility of future SD SCs being built, I decided to email Tesla SC email on their website.

Their first reply was this:

Hi Marc,

Thank you for your email. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open this site as soon as possible. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S.

We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Best regards,

I then responded asking if this means there are more superchargers currently being planned for San Diego after this one opens?

Their reply:

Hi Marc,

No, we do not have immediate plans to build additional Superchargers in San Diego after this coming station. As time goes on we will look to add density and alternative options for Supercharging along our most popular routes.

Thank you,

So, not sure what "add density and alternative options for Supercharging" are, but sure does suck knowing that no other SCs are being planned in SD right now.

Frankly, I'm not all that surprised by that. Superchargers are meant to support long-distance travel, not locals who should be charging at home. Of course, travelers visiting San Diego need somewhere to charge. Tesla has tools to track Supercharger usage because they are all "connected" to the mothership and provide usage data continually. I read "add density and alternative options for Supercharging" to mean installing additional Superchargers close to an existing one (Sorrento Mesa) when the time comes based on usage.

It was a Supercharger volunteer tester :wink:
When I drove by there late yesterday, the north gate to the parking lot was open. Chat with a construction guy there a bit and plug in my car at 6A only for 5min since my battery was more than half full and had to go home in a hurry. Those Superchargers are live!

Attachments

• 20150528.jpg
    20150528.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 416
So, this SC location (at least 6A) appears to be functional, but
waiting for something, perhaps city approval, before the gates
can be removed. Maybe that "something" will happen today?

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming that there are some (6 here) 30-minute general parking spaces,
it would have been better to power all of these with the "B" arches, so
that even when all the "30-min" spaces were ICEd, all of the "paired" ("A")
Charging-Only spaces would have the full SC charging current available.

It was a Supercharger volunteer tester :wink:
When I drove by there late yesterday, the north gate to the parking lot was open. Chat with a construction guy there a bit and plug in my car at 6A only for 5min since my battery was more than half full and had to go home in a hurry. Those Superchargers are live!

You weren't the first. :)

But I don't want to encourage trespassing in the construction area.

Please don't do this!

Haha well i though some people were getting in before the opening. If i remember correctly the contruction guy said he didnt know how they got in with the gate blocked off. So i naturally went to find out. Maybe the contruction guy was not thinking or remembering correctly, but that is what i heard.

- - - Updated - - -

'ome on man!!!! WAIT UNTIL IT IS OFFICIALLY OPEN.

See my above response. Maybe maybe not. But i wanted to see if it was possbile doing it my way and it is. Maybe they were there at weird odd hours. Hey when someone need a charge, they need a charge. Hahah. But you are right it can be a safty issue.