Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems like a unique situation. There have been plenty of other SCs that went live before any official opening. In those cases, anyone can pull up and start using it. Most of the time, those were built in existing lots. Here, there is no access to the parking lot whatsoever, correct?
I wonder if the parking lot is awaiting final inspection to allow its use.

This seems like a unique situation. There have been plenty of other SCs that went live before any official opening. In those cases, anyone can pull up and start using it. Most of the time, those were built in existing lots. Here, there is no access to the parking lot whatsoever, correct?
I wonder if the parking lot is awaiting final inspection to allow its use.

I believe the supercharger itself is awaiting final inspection, and it is not currently ready for said inspection, because it now lacks appropriate signage for the accessible space.

This location was always going to be potentially fraught with permitting challenges because both the building and parking are new construction meaning that there are many more entities than just Tesla involved.

Still frustrating. San Diego has been without adequate Supercharging for 2 years now (SJC was overloaded the day it went live).

My recommendation for travelers is to buy a Chademo adapter. There are a lot of Chademo stations around San Diego. And, of course, stay at a hotel or condo where you can charge overnight. Lots of options there too.

I believe the supercharger itself is awaiting final inspection, and it is not currently ready for said inspection, because it now lacks appropriate signage for the accessible space.

That's my point. This has never stopped anybody from charging at one in the past (that I know of). By the time other SC's have been powered up, the fencing has long been down, even if SC is not officially live. The difference with this SC is that the whole area is cordoned off.

Perhaps it takes time to make a custom sign? Anyway, the new sign was just put up!

IMG_2269.JPG

Hope the grammar doesn't hold things up. Actually, I didn't notice the mistake until I looked at the photo later.

My recommendation for travelers is to buy a Chademo adapter. There are a lot of Chademo stations around San Diego. And, of course, stay at a hotel or condo where you can charge overnight. Lots of options there too.

[yes -- another 'Zonie chiming in…]

We're making a trip over in <5 weeks, and are staying at a hotel with overnight charging. But still hoping this is open by early July...

2 degrees of slope.. NO MORE! ... and apparently it's not JUST the parking stall on the far left but more so the walkway. The walkway's slope is the main issue. Lots of eyes, departments, inspectors, land owners in on this one..... It'll be a while.... My
G U E S S 6 weeks!

See, this is why I love government. I mean, this Supercharger almost went live without the properly misspelled sign! Think about what kind of disaster that would have been. And an extra degree of slope! Whoa, that could have killed someone! Well maybe not, but it could have increased someone's heartbeat by a few beats per minute. Definitely. Government's there to serve, right? I sure am glad I pay all those taxes so that we can can have outcomes like this. Yessiree! Doesn't make me want to slash the city hall budget at all. Nope.

2 degrees of slope.. NO MORE! ... and apparently it's not JUST the parking stall on the far left but more so the walkway. The walkway's slope is the main issue. Lots of eyes, departments, inspectors, land owners in on this one..... It'll be a while.... My
G U E S S 6 weeks!

I heard it will open as-is, with the charging cable removed from 1B as a temporary solution. Whether all the behind-the-scenes issues are solved, though, I do not know.