Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the fencing still in place for the green screen construction those six spaces aren't easy to back into, however this owner should have taken a liyyle more time to back it in properly. Now we know how the Primm charger got run over. Backup challenged drivers.

I agree. While it's forgivable to have trouble backing in, especially with the construction fencing where it is, they shouldn't have left it like that!

When I was there 10 days ago, I was parked a little over the white line. I knew I did it, but the fencing made it hard and there was only 1 other car charging. I was terrified that markb1 would take a photo of me too! Anyway, I stayed in the car the whole time, knowing I could force myself to do a better job if others came by.
Hey, is this guy the same one who parked irregularly the other day?

When I was there 10 days ago, I was parked a little over the white line. I knew I did it, but the fencing made it hard and there was only 1 other car charging. I was terrified that markb1 would take a photo of me too! Anyway, I stayed in the car the whole time, knowing I could force myself to do a better job if others came by.
Just keep in mind that the number of cars charging can change very quickly.

Last edited:
I agree. While it's forgivable to have trouble backing in, especially with the construction fencing where it is, they shouldn't have left it like that!
That darn fence really does make it hard to park in that spot. There is only about 1/2 a car of space in front of the spot to work with.

Personally, I wound have gone back in forth a few more times to get in the spot properly, but perhaps he did not think it was worth the hassle if there were many open spots and the spot next to him is the handicapped/use last stall. He may very well still be in the car, watching the for someone needing the spot (I usually put a sunshade up while I'm waiting in the car, so that does not mean he left it unattended)

Hey, is this guy the same one who parked irregularly the other day?

Don't worry, I'm saving my scorn for those who park truly badly, like in the picture above! I've seen so many cars parked a little over the line that I only post the really egregious ones.

I don't know if it's the same guy. If it keeps happening, I might make a point to check the license plate, though I probably won't post it.

- - - Updated - - -

That darn fence really does make it hard to park in that spot. There is only about 1/2 a car of space in front of the spot to work with.

Personally, I wound have gone back in forth a few more times to get in the spot properly, but perhaps he did not think it was worth the hassle if there were many open spots and the spot next to him is the handicapped/use last stall. He may very well still be in the car, watching the for someone needing the spot (I usually put a sunshade up while I'm waiting in the car, so that does not mean he left it unattended)

This is a good point about still being in the car. I couldn't tell. He wasn't blocking the "use last" space, though. Still, I can't understand not re-parking, when you end up parked in the middle, blocking two spaces.

BTW, the construction looks like it should be wrapping up soon. Maybe even today.

Model S is a pretty big car. It almost as long as my Honda minivan, short by inches. It ain't nice and agile like the Lexus GS with insane turn radius. Plus the stupid feature that when u lift ur butt off the seat causing it to go into Park Mode, sort of limit the ability to turn around to look

Cmon guys. I know the fence made it harder, but of course that horrible parking job was totally intentional. He's blocking 2 spots so no one could charge with the other B charger and share the electricity with him. Slightly bad parking is a part of life, but intentionally taking 2 spots at a SC is a crime against humanity.

Ironic, bc people who usually double park elsewhere do so with the mentality that their car is superior to those around them who might not care enough to not ding their precious nicer car. And here we all are, with the same car, and all of us wildly protective and proud of our cars so that we would never blindly swing the doors open dinging our neighbors. While I understand you don't want to post license plates, maybe a nice love note on his windshield with a photo you are taking from above would do the trick the next time!

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way, for some Friday fun, click on this link from your car's web browser. Great for a laugh when you are showing off your ride to an onlooker: http://www.quogic.com/flux2.html. Gives you a perfectly formatted 17" screen of a flux capacitor. Hilarious if you haven't seen it before.

Flux.jpg

Thanks for those replies so far. I read those links to see it should be 76 kWh on a full charge. I still am in the 60's, though. I've had for 3 months and 2500 miles, though a year older with 20K before I got my p85+. So not sure if it's normal degradation, the fact that the 21s use more power (shouldn't be the case), or something else. I will see as I go through a full year if no AC at all helps/hurts much since I don't use much now anyway, and any heat used in the winter. Just disappointing bc I expected something in the 70's, not the 60's. No complaints, I'm happy as can be. Just odd to see such disparity in the energy used versus amount charged.

On reflection and further testing / evaluation, I've determined that "Since Last Charge / Total Energy" display may not be an accurate reflection of total energy taken from the battery. It seems it only accumulates energy consumed by the drive train and climate control when the vehicle is in motion, to ensure that the Wh/mi display is accurate. It doesn't accumulate energy consumed while the vehicle is parked, nor the energy consumed during cabin or battery pre-conditioning when the car is "off". It does not accumulate the vampire drain either. You can't rely on it do do any meaningful calculations related to the battery capacity unless you drive from 100% SoC to 0% SoC without stopping. In that case, the total energy display should give you a reasonable approximation for battery capacity, otherwise if you stop and park for any length of time, the energy display will begin to deviate from the actual energy consumed from the battery, but your Wh/mi will be accurate.

I agree, the 2-space parking is likely to be intentional, to block usage
of the adjacent paired space. This practice could be avoided by design, by
putting all the A spaces on one side, and all the B spaces on the other side
(or at least not assigned to adjacent spaces).
In this case, that would also put all the B spaces as the marked "park-here"
spaces, leaving the six A spaces "reserved" for charging-only use.

I agree, the 2-space parking is likely to be intentional, to block usage
of the adjacent paired space. This practice could be avoided by design, by
putting all the A spaces on one side, and all the B spaces on the other side
(or at least not assigned to adjacent spaces).
In this case, that would also put all the B spaces as the marked "park-here"
spaces, leaving the six A spaces "reserved" for charging-only use.

I like this idea. And it would have been super easy for them to implement.

So is this the second or third place to have this done? Is it because of the Primm shenanigans? Maybe even the assisted parking soon to be released?

Personally. I like it. I am always concerned I am getting too close to the curb. I am overly cautious with those kind of things. Hey. We all have our issue ;)