Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - Coleman Ave (LIVE 31 Aug 2018, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: thread title change to show Tesla’s official name for this new Supercharger.

D7C144F6-76E7-4BD4-A792-2A2CD6B74825.jpeg

Reactions: DOCAL and bmah
Liked the location, too bad all that overhead noise pollution from being in the direct path of jets landing at SJC.

Final approach makes for a loud experience.

I actually thought it was pretty cool from a plane-spotting experience. You could probably guess that from my comment upthread. :)

You'd probably rather be under the final approach path than under the departure path (so would I).

Bruce.

Reactions: Ulmo and DOCAL
Not sure if anyone noticed this. I picked the stall right next to the transformer and went inside Target afterwards. Then I realized that I wasn't able to check my car's status at all. When I got back to the car, the screen showed a cell signal of just 1 bar. I wonder if the cell signal is just bad for that particular spot or for that whole area.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and SMAlset
Not sure if anyone noticed this. I picked the stall right next to the transformer and went inside Target afterwards. Then I realized that I wasn't able to check my car's status at all. When I got back to the car, the screen showed a cell signal of just 1 bar. I wonder if the cell signal is just bad for that particular spot or for that whole area.
AT&T coverage *inside* that Target is dismal, however your car’s cell connection was probably fine.

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah
Might be obvious to some, but in order for the app to work, both your phone and your car need a good connection. I use Verizon for my phone and I believe the car uses ATT. I've definitely been places where one or the other works, but not both. The Gardnerville and Groveland superchargers come to mind. Annoying because you can't check on charging status without being in the car.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
Is this SuperCharger on the nav map yet? Is it busy?

Definitely not as busy as the ones in Sunnyvale and Cupertino. Though AT&T's coverage is horrible in this area. I've had a hard time checking the car status from the phone as soon as I drive to within 1000ft of the superchargers. My phone gets full signal on T-Mobile there with no problem reaching any website. The car? 1 bar. And the tesla app can't reach it 90% of the time.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
Well, I talked a friend into getting a Model 3 and they're coming down from the Sierras on their first longer trip in November for a luncheon meeting, with the San Jose Coleman Avenue SuperCharger being ideally located for all parties ... BUT, every time I've checked it's been full! Is there an orderly waiting line for this location? I can have someone sit in the car and charge and move the car while the meeting takes place.

Depending on how much charge your friend needs and the length of the meeting, you could have the "someone" plug into the Chargepoint chargers while waiting for a spot. The first 2hrs are free which would cut down the Supercharger fee.

Depending on how much charge your friend needs and the length of the meeting, you could have the "someone" plug into the Chargepoint chargers while waiting for a spot. The first 2hrs are free which would cut down the Supercharger fee.
Is the Chargepoint charger in the same plaza? We supercharged here last night and got lucky when we arrived, 3 spots open with one ICE'd with a Honda. When we left about 30 mins later, all spots taken with 1 car waiting.

Is the Chargepoint charger in the same plaza? We supercharged here last night and got lucky when we arrived, 3 spots open with one ICE'd with a Honda. When we left about 30 mins later, all spots taken with 1 car waiting.

Yes. The Chargepoint chargers (I think there are three of them, or three pedestals anyway) are adjacent to the Supercharger stalls.

Bruce.

In addition to what Bruce said, they are along the south end of the Superchargers

picture credit goes to @greentee
2018-08-29 17.32.21.jpg

Reactions: Acps110 and bmah
This sign is up. Nothing in the "pin" information about it.
By the “pin information” do you mean the text box that appears in the car nav when you tap on the Supercharger icon on the display?

Maybe my memory is failing, but I do not recall that text box showing what charging stall signs show. In any case, I don’t think I’ve seen a sign like “40 minute charging maximum” at a Supercharger before; a sign that gives a maximum amount of time you can charge. And this sign doesn’t explicitly state that you have to move your car out of the stall after 40 minutes. That may be the implication and the intent, but it doesn’t say that.

If the objective is to require people to move their car 40 minutes after they occupy the stall, a clearer statement would be “40 minutes maximum stall occupancy per car”.