Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Ramon, CA - San Ramon Valley Blvd. (LIVE 10 Dec 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no transformer (or Megapack). The worker there said they're in the process of installing the wiring to get power to the Supercharger site. After that, we're on the transformer watch anew.

IMG_8254.JPG

It is kinda classic that you think the Supercharger near you always charges slow. You get in the car and see it needs charging so you head to the supercharger, you see that it says "Preconditioning" but when you get there it's not charging quickly. This is largely because it take a good amount of time to get the car from ambient to the 110°. I now always charge before I check into the hotel for that exact reason, do it when it's already warm.

I put a little computer in my car that connects to the CANbuss (CanServer) so I could see what temp the car was at. Made it a lot more clear why sometimes the car charges quickly and others not.

Plus of course what Big Earl said above, that's the most important determination of charge speed.

Reactions: RTPEV and bmah
Only via WiFi, but yes. The default way the device works is powering off when you get out of the car, but if it's wired to power differently it will stay on for 1/2 an hour, or if wired to the battery it can always be on. It joins your home network so you can access it from any computer.