Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Ana, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you're right, 4Super9, but right now it's moot because of the "missing" transformer. Oh, and by the way, I've noticed a fourth sign going in just across from the perimeter road to the rocket near the freeway. See attached. The yellow pins mark the newly found sign and the SuperCharger.
2016-10-26.png

I wonder what will use more electricity on a daily basis, the Tesla Superchargers or that huge lighted sign!
Well, it seems like they're going to have at least three, maybe four of them. I saw the one on the 22 freeway side all lit up on Friday evening. I live on the other side of the 5 from the mall and can see the first one they erected every time I drive towards my house. The neighbors all hate it but they apparently missed their chance to voice displeasure to the city during the approval process.

Reactions: Doug Martoccia
Yes, I was by this morning. As you say, still no transformer. The sign board was placed on top of the pole this morning. From the look of it this one will not be an electronic digital sign since I saw no video screen mounted on it as two others had, just a flat metal surface. This may speed up the installation.

Hi Ed, I saw the new sign this morning. It's hard to tell if it's an electric sign, as it's covered in protective wrap, but I'd be surprised if it was not electric. Wasn't there a permit for sign work at that location (though not dispositive - could simply be for lighting power)?

rxlawdude, (Shouldn't I have to capitalize that at the beginning of a sentence?) I saw the most recent sign being lifted onto the post without any video screen. That is unlike the previous two that had the screens attached on the ground before placement, one of which I saw going up. This latter procedure would make more sense to me, particularly from a safety point of view. I will keep my eye on it. I had asked earlier and someone from the sign company indicated all would be video screens. As noted above, the neighbors across the freeway are not happy campers with one sign and would be happy to see a more traditional posting. I can't see any of them from my home so for me personally it's not a big deal.

OK, an update, as little as it is. I saw a fellow in a white truck this morning at the site. I figured he is with the contractor for the Super Charger but he is with the sign company. I asked about progress and he said he believed they would be done about Thanksgiving and that, yes, both of the remaining signs will be digital signs even though they are being constructed differently than the previous two. I asked also if the transformer that is to be put in will power any of the signs and he said yes and that the transformer would go in after the completion of sign construction. So, maybe, just maybe, we might see something light up in the Tesla world around the first of December. We'll see. Nothing really visual to show other than some ground work on the sign construction at sign #4 down by the rocket.

I was visiting SoCal this past weekend (flew, didn't drive), and passed this site on the freeway coming in from SNA (going to Anaheim). It was interesting to see it in real life after reading prior posts and seeing pictures on this thread...but I had to explain to my son and our Uber driver why I was gawking out the window at a shopping mall. But we had a nice talk about Teslas after that. :)

Bruce.

Reactions: Troy916 and DDotJ