Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Ana, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This Supercharger location is a great addition and will be very helpful to long distance through travelers on I5. This location and Buena Park should take a lot of pressure off San Juan Capistrano and possibly Pasadena.

I sincerely hope that this location is not overwhelmed with Tesla owners who live in Orange County and can charge at home.

I am not yet seeing this location on the Tesla Motors website "Find Us" page at Find Us | Tesla, or in the car navigation. I am sure it will show up there very soon.

Last edited:
I was at this location for 30 minutes charging at around 9pm yesterday. The first day it was open and not showing up on the map yet. There were three cars charging when I arrived and one came as I was leaving. Seems like this is going to be a packed location unfortunately.. I drive from the OC to San Diego and then up to Long Beach/LA and then back to OC in one day a couple of times a week. I have to SC once if not twice during that day and this spot is critical for my commute pattern. I am so over SJC SC but am not optimistic this will not get as congested as those other locations mentioned in this point...A lot of locals charge their cars at the SCs unfortunately...I am curious to know if those grandfathered Tesla's out there with unlimited charging will maintain that if they are resold as used cars over the next few years....Not sure what the impact will be...

This location and Buena Park should take a lot of pressure off San Juan Capistrano and possibly Pasadena.

ecarfan, can you elaborate on what you mean by this? There is no Supercharger in Pasadena. There are only Tesla chargers behind the retail store in Old Town. I believe those are only for Tesla store use. It's a perfect location to install more 80 amp destination chargers though.

RT

Reactions: MikeC
What was your charge level when you plugged in?
Around 50%. The other very odd thing was that the initial estimated time to 90% (my setpoint) was 40 minutes. 10 minutes later, it was still 40 minutes.

Glad to see others are getting closer to expected rates. Perhaps I picked the wrong stall. There were all of three of us there last night around 6:15p, all of whom were seeing slower rates. And no, none of us were in paired stalls. :)

tru1sojpg_zpsaf9d0ec7.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: HumanGenome