Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Nella, CA (LIVE, 48 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something is going on here. New fences in the last few weeks.
It was mentioned upthread back in April that they would be adding more stalls here. So maybe it’s that.

App shows as only 12 stalls.
1693069614422.png

Maybe it work to not only add more stalls but bring in enough power to properly power the 36 existing stalls that are turned off.

Last edited:
Something is going on here. New fences in the last few weeks.
Only thing I can find since the mega pack was installed and finaled in May is for a 17000 sqft greenhouse for the hotel and running gas and electrical lines to it. Maybe this is the power they have been borrowing from Tesla and once these lines are run the existing power will be given back to tesla to turn on the remaining sites. Issued 8/2 so fits with the fence going up.
1693070912111.png1693071057356.png1693070977626.png

Off topic here but there have been Rivian sites that were open to non-Rivians for a period of time but I think those were an exception rather than the rule. Example: Coos Bay, OR
Look like it was maybe open for 2 months to non rivian owners and even then there wasn’t a successful Tesla charge mentioned on PlugShare.

Either way, rivian is very clear on their site that L3 RAN is Rivian only for now.

Reactions: Chuq
See post #47 from this thread...those look to be the stalls at the top of some of the aerial photos:

It's amusing that the Reddit poster thought these were new...I guess they don't follow supercharge.info or TMC. ;)

Bruce.
All the stalls being bagged like a new not completed site makes it look like an expansion.

See post #47 from this thread...those look to be the stalls at the top of some of the aerial photos:

It's amusing that the Reddit poster thought these were new...I guess they don't follow supercharge.info or TMC. ;)

Bruce.
Oops.. I checked the last couple of pages but guess I didn't go back far enough...

The work on the Big Bear site was first spotted on Reddit, so I was hoping to have found another scoop!

Reactions: bmah
I dropped by to charge after leaving Carneros and dropping my wife off at a Giants game. Got there with about 20% SOC and calculated that I could make it to Firebaugh with 7mi remaining but didn't want to sweat it. Expansion of a glass structure and other charging infrastructure has the site down to about 12 stalls...not a probably on a Wednesday afternoon. I only saw 3 other cars charging. I find this site is particularly easy when driving south on I-5. You have an easy right-hand yield to the main thoroughfare and an easy left-hand turn before the overpass to continue south on the interstate.

I'd prefer to stop at Pea Soup Andersen's when headed northbound, although the newish large Supercharging site at Firebaugh gives me plenty of range.

Welp, just ran into Tesla energy guys and the site is fully operational!! They got the ok from PG&E yesterday to fully power the site. They needed 2.7 million watts or 2.7 megawatts ⚡⚡️from PG&E😳😳
Confirmed in app. 12 cabinets x 387kva (kw) ea is more than 4.5mw. 2.7 is 60% of max power. In real life, doubt they will ever read max output but 2.7mw is not really full power. The transformers installed provide over 4800kva so not sure why they are quoting less than that as full power.
1699065736320.png

Reactions: rayluis1988
I’m pretty sure that they will use the megapack on site as a sort of buffer to allow for the full 4.5mw. This is just a theory and I could be wrong as I am unsure of the megapacks max power output or capacity.
In theory yes but then it needs to recharge at some point. it has a ~3mw capacity so that is less than 2 hours if it needs to output the full 1.8MW shortcoming. I doubt there is a time when it would need full power for 2 hours but why have 4800kva of transformers when you are only running 2700kva through them? It sounds like they are only using the larger transformer for Tesla and the smaller one is for the hotel/greenhouse project or whatever else is going on. Still a very odd buildout.