Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santo, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Talmen

Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2021
Abilene, TX
TDLR filing for a Supercharger at the Circle H fuel stop in Santo, TX along I-20. Just west of Fort Worth.

I think there is a typo on the address in the TDLR filing though, the address in the filing doesn't seem to exist. I think they meant 87125 I-20, Santo, TX 76472 and NOT 87121. The filing does list the Circle H station by name.

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like we are finally getting some charge options in West Central Texas. Predominantly along US-281... but it does look like they may be expanding a bit farther out west with the Early, TX (Brownwood) location. The next logical step that direction would be San Angelo.

Reactions: thestral999
Santo, TX

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Circle H
Along Primary Interstates: I-20
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-281
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-20

To: Arlington - E Bardin Rd, TX - 64 miles (Construction)
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Dallas - Mountain Creek Pkwy, TX - 72.1 miles (Permit)

US-281

To: Russell, KS - 523.2 miles (Construction)
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Grand Island, NE (v2) - 689.4 miles

Splitter! On I-20, splits 120.2 miles, 56.9 miles from Cisco, TX, 64 miles to Arlington - E Bardin Rd, TX.

Looks like they have started trenching and are underway!!

1692271415403.png

We took my daughter back to Tech yesterday. We didn't stop but I could see from I-20 that they had installed the pre-fab supercharger units. I couldn't tell if there were 8 or 12 chargers total. The stands were still wrapped in white material. There was still a lot of work going on around the units.

Sorry, that all I could get going 75 on 20. Seems they are moving fast on this one too.

I am pretty sure I saw two, so at least 8 chargers. Was going too fast to tell for sure if there were more. Either way, it appears the pre-fab units are already there.

Would be really cool if someone could go get some pictures but it is out of the way for most people. :)

Four modules = 16 stalls. Which makes sense, as it has to serve traffic on both US-281 and I-20.
IMGP0206.jpg

IMGP0210.jpg

Work progressing on the transformer pad. . .
IMGP0208.jpg

I went inside the Circle-H store and asked the lady at the counter. She told me—several times, emphatically—that she is "not a fan". She's heard that a charging station "exploded". (I wondered if she had gotten confused about reports of hydrogen fuel stations, a couple of which have actually exploded.) She didn't like the electrical stuff being so close to the gas pumps. And then she opened that, "It's all a conspiracy, so the government can shut down the grid and control where we go."

I went inside the Circle-H store and asked the lady at the counter. She told me—several times, emphatically—that she is "not a fan". She's heard that a charging station "exploded". (I wondered if she had gotten confused about reports of hydrogen fuel stations, a couple of which have actually exploded.) She didn't like the electrical stuff being so close to the gas pumps. And then she opened that, "It's all a conspiracy, so the government can shut down the grid and control where we go."
I have to listen to garbage like this almost daily. The most recent being that EVs will bring down the grid.

Reactions: DblOSmith