Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - Union Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s really not that difficult. I found the Superchargers without trouble via the entrance marked on the car’s nav.
I too had no trouble finding these superchargers. It did probably help that I went late at night when I didn't have to deal with other traffic. There are often some minimal directions in the Nav screen such as "superchargers on Level 4 or P7 or whatever." I don't remember if it says anything for this one. Also, I don't know for certain, but you probably can leave the car there overnight for an appropriate FEE of course. You just wouldn't have access to the car from midnight to 5am or whatever the garage hours are. I'm sure it would be expensive, but would probably make more sense than paying to park in this garage for the evening and then paying the overnight FEE at the Hilton.

24hr is like $35. Which actually isn't terrible if you get destination charging for free vs ($0.30/kwh *75kwh *80%) $18 for supercharging and $9 for supercharging parking and $20 for hotel parking. Albeit a little less convenient.

There are cheaper lots though for 24hr parking downtown with free chargers but they are further away. Another option is pacific place. $25/overnight and $2/charge session. They're also open until 2a.

I wouldn’t mind leaving my car over night at this garage if I wasn’t going to get towed or a huge fee (like $75+).

Parking at the Hilton is $45 a night. I’ll have one small carry on bag (just a single overnight stay) or just a backpack.

If I can park over at the Union Street garage and just connect to a destination charger that would work. Cruise in around 4-6pm depending on traffic, park the car and walk over to Hilton, check in, walk over to the Paramount when it’s time, walk back to Hilton. Check out around 8 in the morning, drop stuff off in the car, hit Pike Place for breakfast and a little wandering around, and then leave Seattle around noon or so with a totally full battery and no hassle of shuffling the car between garages or having to supercharge a little and then destination charge, etc.

But I’m fairly certain it says “no overnight” on pictures of the sign that people have posted...

The entrance is easy if you're coming from Southbound I-5. Take the exit from the highway and it's an immediate left into the building parking garage. I have no idea how to do it if you're coming from another direction ... that's likely more complicated.

Northbound the tricky part is you make a right hand turn off the Seneca exit and then another right but you have to stay left of a median that looks like it's a one way to not enter I5 southbound.
Screenshot_20190925-131458~2.png

Northbound the tricky part is you make a right hand turn off the Seneca exit and then another right but you have to stay left of a median that looks like it's a one way to not enter I5 southbound.
View attachment 458883

Google Maps has me get off I-5 North at Exit 166 (past the Supercharger), then make a convoluted loop on Melrose, Pine, Boren and Howell to get back on I-5 South, then take the Exit 165B for Union Street. It also suggests some other round-about paths that look like they'd take more time.

I charged there yesterday. As noted above by Im.thatoneguy I used the Seneca exit off of I5 north bound (also directed by Tesla nav) took a right and then the next very tricky right as in his picture. That right is definitely unusual as you pull into the 3rd lane not the first 2 which put you on the freeway. To further complicate the turn, the turn lane approaching it is confusing as to which lane to actually turn from (far right turn lane says “Freeway only” or something like that) so I used the next lane which was “bus onlyl which I am sure Is also wrong. Very odd set up.