Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sheridan, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At those at a motel or someone's home?

One is at a private hospital and the other a commercial parking lot associated with an urban home.

Quality Inn in Buffalo with the HPWCs start at $119/nt.

Making Lusk to Sheridan direct would require a rare alignment of the stars. I made the reverse trip once--haven't been able to duplicate it in either direction since. Remember it's an 80 MPH road now.

Thanks. That would be better and more direct than Buffalo through Lusk. At those at a motel or someone's home?

Do the planning yourself, but when I looked at Cheyenne to Billings, the extra time driving thru Lusk was more than made up for, with Supercharger Charge speed in Lusk versus a 70 Amp J in Casper. When Sheridan opens, it will be closer to a toss up, but I would rather drive than wait at an L2 charger mid-day.

I believe that the Casper J1772's are owned by a local businessman that used to own (or owns) a Roadster and converted the Roadster HPC's to J1772. I think that one of them is near some restaurants, etc, maybe even near a hotel for a 100%, overnight charge.

Plan an overnight, 100% charge at the Destination HPWC in Buffalo, WY, then hypermile it to Lusk, WY, and you should be on your way without difficulty.

Thanks Cottonwood. I see that Bighorn has responded too.

- - - Updated - - -

One is at a private hospital and the other a commercial parking lot associated with an urban home.

Quality Inn in Buffalo with the HPWCs start at $119/nt.

Making Lusk to Sheridan direct would require a rare alignment of the stars. I made the reverse trip once--haven't been able to duplicate it in either direction since. Remember it's an 80 MPH road now.

Thanks.

Sheridan to Casper at 70 mph (via EVTripplaner) is 174 RM.
Casper to Cheyenne about 208 RM.
Buffalo to Lusk is pushing it. I have 45k miles on my car and only get 255 RM at full charge.
With the time spent getting to Lusk and then to to Cheyenne, my time would be better spent charging 4 or 5 hours in Casper, if I could time it to get there before noon, or if I could find a motel within walking distance of a charger.

Sheridan to Casper at 70 mph (via EVTripplaner) is 174 RM.
Casper to Cheyenne about 208 RM.
Buffalo to Lusk is pushing it. I have 45k miles on my car and only get 255 RM at full charge.
With the time spent getting to Lusk and then to to Cheyenne, my time would be better spent charging 4 or 5 hours in Casper, if I could time it to get there before noon, or if I could find a motel within walking distance of a charger.

The Casper 70A hospital charger is next to a Holiday Inn. Even though I only live 2 hours from Casper, I've stayed overnight a few times after arriving from Cheyenne either because it was so late or I didn't feel like watching the car charge for 4 hours. The Lusk detour makes for a quicker stop in Casper which could be done around a protracted meal. Best I recall, it's about a 70 mile add-on and there are 3 ways to approach it. Recent catastrophic flooding may have limited the options though--at least one major bridge was destroyed.

The Casper 70A hospital charger is next to a Holiday Inn. Even though I only live 2 hours from Casper, I've stayed overnight a few times after arriving from Cheyenne either because it was so late or I didn't feel like watching the car charge for 4 hours. The Lusk detour makes for a quicker stop in Casper which could be done around a protracted meal. Best I recall, it's about a 70 mile add-on and there are 3 ways to approach it. Recent catastrophic flooding may have limited the options though--at least one major bridge was destroyed.

Thanks Bighorn.

I don't have dual chargers and have never tried a 70 A charger. If I hook up to one will it still give me 40A? It doesn't matter much if I stay overnight.

Thanks Bighorn.

I don't have dual chargers and have never tried a 70 A charger. If I hook up to one will it still give me 40A? It doesn't matter much if I stay overnight.

You'll get 40A and it's commercial power, so 208V and slower on both counts, so probably 25-26MPH charging. You'd definitely want an overnight for that duration. They just built a second hotel next door as well--Holiday Inn Express and Courtyard in Evansville. The charger at the house is on 240V, but at 40A, it'll be long either way.

You'll get 40A and it's commercial power, so 208V and slower on both counts, so probably 25-26MPH charging. You'd definitely want an overnight for that duration. They just built a second hotel next door as well--Inn Express and Courtyard in Evansville. The charger at the house is on 240V, but at 40A, it'll be long either way.

Thanks. I haven't traveled that way in at least three years, but in the past we've spent the night in Evansville.

..... The Lusk detour makes for a quicker stop in Casper which could be done around a protracted meal. Best I recall, it's about a 70 mile add-on and there are 3 ways to approach it. Recent catastrophic flooding may have limited the options though--at least one major bridge was destroyed.

There is now a short detour around the destroyed bridge north of Lusk on US85. I went that way three weeks back coming into Lusk on US20 from west and heading out north on US85. Detour is a very quick 2 minute detour.

BTW, I hope no on posts a picture of my parking. There is an F350 on one side of the two HPWC spots and a "special person" on the other. Both are parked over the line, so I'm taking up both places. I left a note and told the front desk.

Thanks for the updates. You certainly deserve the honors of "First Charge" at the Sheridan Supercharger.

Pictures?

Since you asked...
sheridansc.jpg

Thanks--18 months of emails and meetings pays off!