Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sheridan, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorted and awaiting power up.

Sheridan SC3.jpg

This may be old news, and is a bit off topic, but I just noticed today that there is a Destination Charger marker on Tesla's Find Us map for the Quality Inn in Buffalo. So, northeast Wyoming is arguably traversable, at least in a 85. Of course, once the Gillette SC comes online, it will be almost too easy.

I'm road-tripping from Denver to Portland for the 4th, thought I'd try the northern route this time. That means doing the gap between Cheyenne/Lusk and Billings. I got topped off a couple of hours at a camp ground in Wheatland WY, skipped Lusk, made it to Buffalo WY with 11 rated (you can pay the Quality Inn $20 to charge if you're not spending the night), dinner across the street at the barbecue place, then another 35 miles to Sheridan where the Hampton Inn has a pair of HPWCs. That's my first night stop. I went by the SC site for a look. It seems totally finished; the cables are installed, but alas unpowered.

drat.jpg

I'm a few weeks away from attempting the reverse trip only I'm hoping to stretch it to Sheridan with Buffalo as a backup. Not in a rush so going slower is fine with me.

There are a couple of 70 Amp J1772's in Casper, not listed on Plugshare, that are also good to know about. PM Bighorn and he can probably get you in touch with the locations.

Have fun!

Plan an overnight, 100% charge at the Destination HPWC in Buffalo, WY, then hypermile it to Lusk, WY, and you should be on your way without difficulty.

Well. If something near Casper isn't done yet, I'll do that. If the weather is okay it should be doable. I've only stayed in Buffalo once in the last 40 years. That was probably 15+ years ago. I recall $72 at a Motel 6 then, so I'd be expecting much higher rates than usual. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

There are a couple of 70 Amp J1772's in Casper, not listed on Plugshare, that are also good to know about. PM Bighorn and he can probably get you in touch with the locations.

Have fun!

Thanks. That would be better and more direct than Buffalo through Lusk. At those at a motel or someone's home?