Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sherman Oaks, CA - Ventura Blvd. (LIVE 13 Dec 2022, 40 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both the BP and EP have been issued.

Ventura.jpg

Thank god there's going to be a whole two L2 charging stations next to those 40 superchargers. I mean, more chargers is always better but who thought that was going to be a good look? Lol.
It might have been out of a "contractual obligation"

City: You can't put these in unless you put in some non-Tesla-specific chargers
Tesla: Okay, we'll add some generic L2's
City: Permit approved

It might have been out of a "contractual obligation"

City: You can't put these in unless you put in some non-Tesla-specific chargers
Tesla: Okay, we'll add some generic L2's
City: Permit approved
Yes, generally it's the site host asking for them as part of the leasing deal for the superchargers. But most of the time when they do that the ratio of superchargers to L2 stations isn't quite so lopsided because whoever is asking for them is pushing for something more reasonable. Doesn't matter much, I just thought it was funny.

Everyone’s going off an email reply, from the receptionist for all you know, which deserves a little more scrutiny than what’s been displayed so far.

If a permit is issued it typically means they have the green light to start construction and it is not completely unusual to start construction well before the “find us” map target quarter as utility or other delays may well bring completion to the target quarter after all.

I think a trip should be in the works from one of you locals to verify that indeed no construction activity is going on.

Reactions: ldm58427
Everyone’s going off an email reply, from the receptionist for all you know, which deserves a little more scrutiny than what’s been displayed so far.

If a permit is issued it typically means they have the green light to start construction and it is not completely unusual to start construction well before the “find us” map target quarter as utility or other delays may well bring completion to the target quarter after all.

I think a trip should be in the works from one of you locals to verify that indeed no construction activity is going on.
I am planning to go and double check, possibly Saturday and then ending up buying some sh** I don’t need lol

Reactions: 1100MCM
Just walked the parking lot...absolutely nothing there! And I realized if it is really going to be located on the top floor, it is going to be quite inconvenient, as twisting up the structure is time-consuming. And if they put them in the way back corner, it'll be a 7-10 min walk to get to restaurant or theatre. With that said, still a hell of a lot more convenient than going to Burbank!!!!!

Drove into the parking lot today to check. No progress at all yet. Its quite a big parking lot, many twists in order to get to the top. The turns a re a bit tight with pillars on both edges (Careful). Parking lot was quite empty so my climb up was fast, but I can see the hazzle when the mall gets full, holidays, weekends. etc. The signage its pretty good, it guides you wherever you need to go. The rooftop is very big and spacious, even 150 stalls lol. The parking system is all automatic (machines), I did not get charge because i went out pretty quick.

Drove into the parking lot today to check. No progress at all yet. Its quite a big parking lot, many twists in order to get to the top. The turns a re a bit tight with pillars on both edges (Careful). Parking lot was quite empty so my climb up was fast, but I can see the hazzle when the mall gets full, holidays, weekends. etc. The signage its pretty good, it guides you wherever you need to go. The rooftop is very big and spacious, even 150 stalls lol. The parking system is all automatic (machines), I did not get charge because i went out pretty quick.
That is so funny you didn’t get charged because when I did the same thing last week the machine asked me for 23 bucks!!! Went to another machine which asked me for $2.30, felt much better about that so didn’t press my luck any further. In the end I went to Starbucks and spent $3.70 on a coffee and got the ticket validated. Not sure Who played who during the visit…

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
That is so funny you didn’t get charged because when I did the same thing last week the machine asked me for 23 bucks!!! Went to another machine which asked me for $2.30, felt much better about that so didn’t press my luck any further. In the end I went to Starbucks and spent $3.70 on a coffee and got the ticket validated. Not sure Who played who during the visit…
Ohhh woow, thats crazyyyyyy. Yeah, I was surprised that it told me go ahead and no charge, again i was in there for a very short amount of time, less than 10 minutes.

As soon as @MarcoRP said Sherman Oaks is in construction, I said I am going to check right now. There is no obvious sign of construction on the rooftop and then Marco said the permit said there was some digging going on. I went downstairs and sure thing and the gate agent confirmed: Supercharger construction has begun. Finally, now come on Sun Valley
FINALLY! This is the best thing I have seen in a long time!

Reactions: rayluis1988