Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sherman Oaks, CA - Ventura Blvd. (LIVE 13 Dec 2022, 40 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like they are at the slow boring part of the build. Digging holes in the street and putting loads of conduit on the walls and ceilings. They also added two more cabinets on the ground.
1B192C69-3885-4052-B1C9-F0884F5518F7.jpeg
DF5AAFF5-2F34-4791-8C79-877EE2121742.jpeg
4D50488D-4E16-4689-9DA5-FE063132DB79.jpeg

That is a ton of conduit and wiring. $$$

I bet Tesla wishes they could have put this on the ground floor.
I was thinking the same thing. If you enter via the (non valet) alley entrance there is a HUGE ground floor section off to the left that I’ve never seen being used. It would be perfect for superchargers. It also has a second set of gates, they could use those gates to validate the ticket as you leave that area, then you wouldn’t be charged to charge (so to speak).

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
I just drove through that lot with the sole purpose of seeing how far along they are, I couldn’t find anything. I couldn’t get to the roof of the structure because it was closed off. Does anyone have an approximate opening date?

It's hard to tell how much is left to do. We don't know how much of the wiring, if any, has been done.

Tesla's Find Us map lists a target opening date of Q4 2022.

I am in this area and I have been waiting for a supercharger here for 3 years! Do not have charging at home and this part of the city needs one desperately. Hoping its the same $ as others. (After hours 9pm .29/kw)
This is a fantastic location. Locals desperately need this. While geographically ideal for travelers on the 405 or 101/134, it is one of the busiest, if not the busiest, interchanges in the entire country.

While I don't live in the valley any more, my Mother still does. I find the dearth of Supercharges in the valley to be appalling. When I leave her place in Canoga Park (and stop at Cupids as one must), I have to get all the way to Glendale before I hit a SuC without going several miles out of my way. Compared to where I live in Orange Country (where I pass within a mile of five and soon to be six Superchargers on my 22 mile commute), it's just sad (both images captured at the same zoom level).
Valley.PNG
OC.PNG

the lack of superchargers in the valley is quite puzzling

americana in glendale and burbank town center are always packed

san fernando is a little off the beaten path but not too busy

granada hills is only convenient if you live near the 118

i know sherman oaks and studio city were in the "plans" a few years ago but looks like they scrapped the studio city location

the only interesting note about the sherman oaks galleria is that there really isnt a direct exit onto ventura blvd off the 405 (north or south bound) - and its a cluster **** at the 101 intersection or burbank blvd exit

Reactions: rayluis1988
I totally agree with both of you @jawnly211 @Kevy Baby
The lack of superchargers in the valley is ridiculous. But now to be a bit nice to Tesla lol, I think they got caught last minute. If you look back two years ago, heck even a year, there were not as many Teslas as there are now. The valley is invaded by Teslas everywhere, literally. Burbank is always overrun, same as Granada Hills and San Fernando is about to get into that category as well (my friend had to do a 9 cars queue at San Fernando last night about 10pm. Sherman Oaks is a beast (40 stalls) but not sure how much it will help (people might avoid it because it is a paid parking lot). The one coming up in North Hollywood (12 stalls-we will take whatever we can get) but it will not be such a huge help. The planned in Sun Valley on the back of the Kohl store went away from Tesla website since February and I keep checking the permit and there is no movement, that one would have/will be some help (24 V3 stalls). We also have "baby Burbank" (8 stalls in construction since December-yeah right since December) and the upcoming one (28 stalls) - 2 blocks away from the mall-estimated time? nobody knows. Conclusion: it is getting better but I think, the Tesla Supercharger Development Team needs to get hands on in the Valley. There is also the delays coming from the cities and power companies.

Reactions: jawnly211
Photos from 9/1/22 attached. You all know better than me -- how close does this look to being open? It's on the 3rd level of parking structure. From what I can tell, it's still $2.50/every fifteen minutes for parking. Starbucks/Robeks/others do validate. But I've got to imagine they need to come up with a new system. This entire "mall" is a ghost town with "for lease" signs everywhere, so they really should be giving the first hour free moving forward. As for the location, by far the easiest entrance/exit is coming from Camarillo & Sepulveda. I feel bad for anyone not familiar with the area that enters off Ventura Blvd near the freeways. It'll be very annoying and confusing to navigate your way around.

Public restrooms on the first subterranean level. They were open this morning without a code. Also, I didn't see any Level 2/Destination Chargers anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_8548.jpg
    IMG_8548.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_8547.jpg
    IMG_8547.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_8546.jpg
    IMG_8546.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8545.jpg
    IMG_8545.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8543.jpg
    IMG_8543.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_8542.jpg
    IMG_8542.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_8541.jpg
    IMG_8541.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8540.jpg
    IMG_8540.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_8539.jpg
    IMG_8539.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8549.jpg
    IMG_8549.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 85
Photos from 9/1/22 attached. You all know better than me -- how close does this look to being open? It's on the 3rd level of parking structure. From what I can tell, it's still $2.50/every fifteen minutes for parking. Starbucks/Robeks/others do validate. But I've got to imagine they need to come up with a new system. This entire "mall" is a ghost town with "for lease" signs everywhere, so they really should be giving the first hour free moving forward. As for the location, by far the easiest entrance/exit is coming from Camarillo & Sepulveda. I feel bad for anyone not familiar with the area that enters off Ventura Blvd near the freeways. It'll be very annoying and confusing to navigate your way around.

Public restrooms on the first subterranean level. They were open this morning without a code. Also, I didn't see any Level 2/Destination Chargers anywhere.
Hard to say how close they are to being done, especially with conduit laying about. That could be extra, with just clean up needed, or more wiring that has to be pulled. The key thing to look for is a transformer. That would be at or near the cabinets.

As far as parking fees go, I agree with a first hour free situation. That is what often pulls me into Century City. I figure if I can park quickly and easily, and not pay, then I am happy to run in for a visit to a single shop. I can promise you that I would have skipped many visits if I did not have that, limiting visits to when I really need to go. If this location is not free, I would be interested to see what the supercharging rates will be. Hopefully lower to compensate.

Hard to say how close they are to being done, especially with conduit laying about. That could be extra, with just clean up needed, or more wiring that has to be pulled. The key thing to look for is a transformer. That would be at or near the cabinets.

As far as parking fees go, I agree with a first hour free situation. That is what often pulls me into Century City. I figure if I can park quickly and easily, and not pay, then I am happy to run in for a visit to a single shop. I can promise you that I would have skipped many visits if I did not have that, limiting visits to when I really need to go. If this location is not free, I would be interested to see what the supercharging rates will be. Hopefully lower to compensate.
Ah okay, thanks. Will snag a pic of the transformer next time I'm there. Not holding my breath for parking rates to improve here, just because it has historically always been this way despite lots of customer complaints. Maybe a 40-stall supercharger is finally enough foot traffic to change that. The real nightmare scenario here is when you have a ton of cars after 10pm for off-peak charging and one of the ticket machines fails. Takes forever to get an attendant to come help.

I also expect charging rates here to be the same as Glendale/other SFV ones. It's basically at the highest volume freeway interchange in the country. Best we can hope for is .29 off-peak.

I was just there yesterday as well. It looks like all the cable, from the first floor to the pedestals, still needs to be pulled. And I don't even see the cable on site like I did when they pulled the first section to the cabinets a few weeks ago. I hope they still open in September like someone mentioned, but seems like there is still a lot to do...but maybe pulling cable is easy, who knows?!??🤔🤔🤔

Is the transformer the last thing that goes in, and is it usually right next to the cabinets? Or somewhere else?

And I am also extremely interested in how/if they are going to charge for parking. I still have free supercharging on my Model S and 3200 miles free charging left on my Model Y...I'd be super sad if Tesla finally opens a supercharger less than a mile from my house and the parking structure levies a fee to charge. 😢

this entire "galleria" project has been a failure since they built it back up after the northridge quake in 2002

i've seen so many businesses, restaurants, shops come and go. the main attractions are for the movie theatre, cheesecake factory, and 24 hour fitness. buffalo wild wings and pf changs are still hanging on by a thread. starbucks won't go anywhere, but basically everything else is on their last lifeline.

just a bad garage design and although you have a ton of office space, having them contract with tesla seems like a desperation move to revive the area

as far as the rates go - someone mentioned first hour free. but even when i charge at americana in glendale, i need to pay for that first hour.

"as far as the rates go - someone mentioned first hour free. but even when i charge at americana in glendale, i need to pay for that first hour."

Don't have to pay if you visit the Apple Store on the ground floor and have your ticket validated. Very friendly staff there.

Reactions: jawnly211