Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Southampton, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by on Sunday and basically took the same photos as st50maint, so I won't bother posting them...But essentially it looks as though all of the construction has been completed. So, at this point I'm guessing that they're waiting for final hookup and/or inspection from the town. Stay tuned...

"More progress today at the Southampton Supercharger..."

Great pictures, Austin! Really excited about this, hopefully no more tripping circuit breakers at in-law's home in EH, or begging at your door - do you think this will really be ready by Memorial Day, or July 4th weekend?

My prediction is still for by/near Memorial Day, but you never know with the town of Southampton. They may drag their heels at getting there to inspect it, but most of the holdups usually occur prior to or during construction. As this appears to be mostly complete, it could be a matter of days or even a few weeks. But I would say that Memorial Day is a good estimate, and certainly by July 4th.

And, P.S., you never have to beg at my door ;) I've been happy to help out over the last few years, and I'm just thrilled that we're now on the precipice of getting a Southampton Supercharger. I waited 2 1/2 years to get my Model S, and now I've had it for 3 1/2 years...It certainly FELT like forever while I was waiting for it, but here were are now, 6 years later, with an incredible network of Superchargers throughout the country, and Tesla has launched the Model X, and followed through on their long-term promise to offer an affordable next-generation electric car for the masses. We're living in a great time. Sometimes it takes a while to get there, but from where I'm standing, it looks like we're pretty much there :)

Reactions: HollywoodNY
image.png

Anyone else get the invitation to the East Hampton Tesla store?

The event is on the 27th... I suspect the supercharger will be ready!!

I was at the Tesla event at the new store in East Hampton last night. It was so much fun!!! I was told that the power will hopefully be turned on by Monday but it all depends on the town of Southampton. From Tesla's end everything is ready to go. It was great to see so many people from Tesla and so many Tesla supporters in town!!

I just stopped by. I have a feeling the chargers are live, but they were covered by "Coming Soon" plastic, which is something I have never seen at a super Charger before.

I'm having trouble uploading pics on my phone so I will do it when I get home later tonight.