Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Stall Status now visible!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome!
IMG_20170209_190410.jpg

Reactions: Jaff
I noticed this too and it works great in Canada, not so much in the States. Perhaps a lot of them south of the border have older SC'ers and may or may not be able to be updated.
Great feature though. I like the fact I can choose whether to charge at a certain SC or move on to the next one.
Lawrence SC in Toronto is always never a good choice thanks to the service people charging customers cars there. This will have to stop soon though!

I noticed this too and it works great in Canada, not so much in the States. Perhaps a lot of them south of the border have older SC'ers and may or may not be able to be updated.
Great feature though. I like the fact I can choose whether to charge at a certain SC or move on to the next one.
Lawrence SC in Toronto is always never a good choice thanks to the service people charging customers cars there. This will have to stop soon though!

It only works within a certain, as yet undefined, distance from your car (approximately 400-500 km).

We used the Port Hope supercharger this week and noted the screen said 3 of 8 stalls available. The data was incorrect due to maintenance.

When we arrived, the maintenance crew onsite advised only one stall worked and we charged on that with only 40 kW of power. I left a note on plugshare. I wish others would do the same...

We used the Port Hope supercharger this week and noted the screen said 3 of 8 stalls available. The data was incorrect due to maintenance.

Interesting. I wonder how Tesla gets their availability data? I assumed it was coming in real-time from the Superchargers themselves. Perhaps all Tesla can see are how many cars are currently charging at the site, then just subtract that number from the known number of stalls.

Interesting. I wonder how Tesla gets their availability data? I assumed it was coming in real-time from the Superchargers themselves. Perhaps all Tesla can see are how many cars are currently charging at the site, then just subtract that number from the known number of stalls.

Pretty sure Tesla only has a data connection when a car is connected.

Hopefully they implement the feature request to add more value to the bars that used to be listed (red/grey). By changing those to red/yellow/green/grey, relative pedestal health can be shown. This is of considerable help to owners so they don’t have to play pedestal roulette after getting a bad one the first and/or second and/or third times. Saves calls to customer support as well.

Hopefully they implement the feature request to add more value to the bars that used to be listed (red/grey). By changing those to red/yellow/green/grey, relative pedestal health can be shown. This is of considerable help to owners so they don’t have to play pedestal roulette after getting a bad one the first and/or second and/or third times. Saves calls to customer support as well.
Can we please use black, white, yellow, blue or something? Roughly 5% of Tesla drivers are red/green colourblind :)

• Helpful
Reactions: BerTX
I think an easy fix would be to have a pop-up notice on the touchscreen appear when we are within a short distance (perhaps <2 miles) of a Supercharger.

This pop-up notice would then indicate which of the available stalls to use. Tesla could also go so far as to steer us to the open stall that will accommodate our charging plans. If we want the fastest possible charge because we want to get back on the road, then perhaps it could direct us to 2A or 4B. If we are planning a one-hour stop over for dinner or shopping, then it could direct us to 1B or 3A--a shared stall with a lower initial charge rate.

The red/grey lines with "4 of 10 stalls available" on the message do not correspond with the stalls actually in use. They are merely tick marks that are filled from left to right. Nice to have, but essentially useless when occupancy reaches and exceeds 50%.

Reactions: arcus