Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Swartz Creek, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just stopped by now. The cords are still locked in place so no go. But soon.

Attachments

• 5EB48506-425C-4E95-83EF-9B07121871AE.jpeg
    5EB48506-425C-4E95-83EF-9B07121871AE.jpeg
    495.5 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: mrau and M109Rider
Drove by on my way home from Grand Rapids last night. Wasn’t expecting any updates, but figured I’d say the lights are still off and chargers locked in place. Everything looks good to go to me, so I wonder if they’re just waiting on a final inspection or something.
6F9D90C5-B088-4520-8777-0BEC0D52D663.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mrau and kdegraaf
You have to lift up to release the connector from its holster. Nothing locks in place.

They are locked in place. I’ve supercharged many times and the cable did not come out like all the other chargers. I jiggled it around and it didn’t want to come out. I’ll grab a video next time I’m in the area if no one else has by then.

There is no visible mechanism, but I’d guess that there is a piece of plastic protruding that sits inside of the indent on the charger handle.

I wonder now if any other chargers have been locked during construction. Are these potentially an updated version of V2 stalls or something?

Alas, no Christmas Magic for Swartz Creek SC.

I talked with the Tesla workers there today and they were very friendly. They said it won't be operational until after January 1, 2020. He said it needed a bit more work and they did not want to interfere with the Christmas shoppers at Meijer. They wanted to be a good neighbor with Meijer. He didn't go into detail of what had to be done, but looks like more than just connecting a few wires and switches. They did seem optimistic that it will be operation around the first week of January.

Also, they confirmed that it will be a Ver 2 charger when it is completed.

Went by the Swartz Creek SC yesterday. Doesn't appear anything changed yet and no numbers on the pedestals. Looks like it will be in January like they said. They are building a new Biggby Coffee drive-thru right next to it. Just put up that building in the last few days.

I wonder which one will be in operation first?

View attachment 494069

Damn, I am hoping this will be up and running by this weekend. I should be in Frankenmuth this upcoming weekend and would like to have that as an option. Last time I went up that way and came back I was quite low on juice due to the cold weather that particular weekend.

Reactions: M109Rider