Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Swartz Creek, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes!

Charging is a quantum effect. However it may be a Quantum Zeno effect. ( What Is the Quantum Zeno Effect? ). I’ve empirically observed that if supercharging doesn’t not start or is limited to less than 50 kw then it’s beneficial to move the car to another charging stall. If you don’t observe and measure the supercharging, the quantum effect will result and you won’t get the charge you’d like.

There seems to be an “action through distance” effect too. I often get the fastest charge when I take the stall closest to the transformer. It’s almost like those lazy electrons prefer to take the shortest route. Just my observation...

When the observation measures a “bad charge” then I berate myself for not checking our teslamotors posting colleague who publishes all the “good” stalls they’ve used. I wonder if those measurements decay, and without observation the charging stall returns to the quantum state of “maybe, maybe not”? (Scientifically often called, “spin up or spin down”)

So I just observe, measure and if needed, switch stalls.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
Well, I did see a Tesla parked at this charger last week on Friday...

upload_2019-11-3_12-19-9.png

Mostly because I parked my Tesla there and then took a picture. :)

No change a week later.

Eureka !!! The coldest day here in a long time at 20° F with 8" snow, but they started putting up pedestals today in Swartz Creek.

My "drone" talked to one of the workers and they said the delay was due to deciding between Ver 2 or Ver 3 chargers. Not sure if that is true, but that is what the workers believe. They said these are Ver 2. Happy to see some progress.

IMG_0152.jpg

Eureka !!! The coldest day here in a long time at 20° F with 8" snow, but they started putting up pedestals today in Swartz Creek.

My "drone" talked to one of the workers and they said the delay was due to deciding between Ver 2 or Ver 3 chargers. Not sure if that is true, but that is what the workers believe. They said these are Ver 2. Happy to see some progress.

View attachment 476285

It’s nice to see a big push for Thanksgiving despite the crappy weather.

There are nine pedestals installed at Swartz Creek. #10 (the pull straight in spot) is not installed. The cement work for that pedestal had not been completed. Hopefully that doesn't extend the Power-Up date any longer. This location will have cars parked on both sides of the pedestals. That is why some of them are pretty close to each other.

Hopefully it will be working soon, maybe even by @Big Earl 's Thanksgiving dinner.

IMG_0156.jpeg

There are nine pedestals installed at Swartz Creek. #10 (the pull straight in spot) is not installed. The cement work for that pedestal had not been completed. Hopefully that doesn't extend the Power-Up date any longer. This location will have cars parked on both sides of the pedestals. That is why some of them are pretty close to each other.

Hopefully it will be working soon, maybe even by @Big Earl 's Thanksgiving dinner.

View attachment 476662

My Thanksgiving dinner is in Washington State this year. Christmas is in Michigan ... maybe I'll stop by to check these out. :cool:

That image is hurting my OCD something fierce. Did they just scatter some confetti in the wind and plunk down a pedestal wherever a piece landed?
They are placed to serve both sides of the same parking island. The stalls will be aligned with the red bollards or lamp post at the head and cars will back up to those on both sides of the island and have a connector in the usual spot to their rear left. Except the leftmost car on the same side as the person who took the picture will pull forward into that space and there's a base out of frame to the left that will eventually get a pedestal there.

Here's what it would look like from above (sorry for the MS Paint). The spacing isn't quite right and the pedestals may be all in a straight line instead of slightly offset, but you'll get the idea. Black boxes are the pedestals with green arrows showing which parking stall it will serve. Red circles are the bollards and the grey circle is the lamp post base.

Swartz Creek layout.png

They are placed to serve both sides of the same parking island.

Yeah, I get that, but the gaps between the pedestals, bollards, light poles, etc. seem massively inconsistent to me, unlike your diagram where everything is spaced out neatly.

OCD aside, I'm just happy that this SC is almost online. It will add a bunch of flexibility to our trips between Hudsonville and Tuscola County.

Reactions: silverwolfe08
We’re planning a trip to Frankenmuth in the coming weeks.
It sure would be nice to have this up and running. arriving in Frankenmuth with no great charging options is a pain.
last time I visited, I had to charge to 100% at the closet supercharger, in order to get there and back. It worked out fine, but it would be much easier if this location was up and running by then.
Looks like it’s days away from opening.
Hope that’s the case.

Stop by the Swartz Creek SC location today. There was one guy there working on the "Pull-in" pedestal location. He was mixing up cement in a wheel barrow and pouring it in the Pedestal foundation. Looks like they will finish all the pedestal installs before turning on the power. Not sure how long the cement has to set before they can put the pedestal in. At least it was above freezing today.

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0083.jpeg