Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Taihape

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, that's only 20km away from Mangaweka. I wonder if this is additional or replacement? (Similar to Taupo I guess, not sure which it is for there either).

Mangaweka had some public toilets, but its a dog of a location to get into without any other cars charging, let alone it being busy and trying to manoeuvre in. Never liked the cafe by dint of not doing takeaway coffee! Never ever come across another cafe that does that.

The Rustic Steakhouse doesn't look like the best location.. especially if no toilets?

Quick review of the Steakhouse, I was there with my Tesla a few days ago. Meat was good but the fry it yourself on a hot stone thingy took a long time and you end up smelling a lot. Not recommended for road trips, would go for some simpler dish instead. Location is great for a supercharger, perfect for break between Wellington and Taupo.

• Informative
Reactions: Ecoli and Audietron
The Mangaweka SC is actually one of my favourites when driving through. Roughly 2 hours from Wellington so the perfect stop, imho.

If you haven’t tried their lasagna or meat pies, i highly recommend

Hopefully Taihape becomes the non-Tesla option and Mangaweka stays open for Teslas only
As long as you bring your gumboots to get through the bog where the SuperChargers are...

• Funny
Reactions: m3lol
Looks like the install is now underway...taken off the Facebook group:
1706049556205.png

Reactions: Ecoli
Just passed thru Taihape, the Electricians are onsite and appear to be nearly done installing the v3 dispensers. 6 bays, a dedicated 750kVa transformer, and the signs with instructions for non-Teslas are up.

Should be live in two weeks.

Had a nosey at the inside of a v3 dispenser, quite cool but was asked not to take any photos.

• Informative
Reactions: Miggy