Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tilton, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Snow Drift

[Off-Road Assist] Activated
Feb 10, 2016
Long Island
Tesla updated their 2021/2022 map and added Tilton for Q2 2021! I'd guess at the Tanger Outlets by Starbucks/UNO's.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 9.10.38 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 9.10.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 9.10.38 AM.png
    611.1 KB · Views: 163
Just found this from the November 10th, 2020 planning board meeting: http://www.tiltonnh.org/content/minutes/m-planning/m-pb-2020-1110.pdf. Proposed location by the Dunkin's / Tilt'n Diner. The minutes suggest it has not yet been approved, but we definitely have a discussion underway.
Weird location. I get that it is slightly closer to the highway, but making the left to get back on the highway is dangerous and that parking lot is really small/congested between the gas station, diner, dunkin, etc. Outlet shopping and fast-food/coffee (a minute down the road from the Diner) makes more sense.

Weird location. I get that it is slightly closer to the highway, but making the left to get back on the highway is dangerous and that parking lot is really small/congested between the gas station, diner, dunkin, etc. Outlet shopping and fast-food/coffee (a minute down the road from the Diner) makes more sense.
It's because that's where the Dunkin' is. They have hosted a number of locations.

Reactions: kayak1
Starbucks does also, and they have a gigantic parking lot with an Outlet Mall. The actual location of this Dunkin doesn't make sense compared to the surrounding area. I've been to this location for decades.
So far as I'm aware, Starbucks hasn't ever hosted a supercharger. There are plenty of locations where a Starbucks is near by, but that isn't at all the same thing. In those instances, Tesla is leasing the space from the owners of the commercial lot where Starbucks also has a store. This is why there aren't superchargers at standalone Starbucks locations, only in places where the coffee shops are part of a whole center. With the Dunkin' locations, it's Dunkin' Donuts that is leasing the space to Tesla directly or subleasing the space to them.

I guess that depends... Project approval doesn't seem to have been issued by Tilton, but the nature of the discussions seem to suggest an agreement could be reached "soon" (<= Elon time). If an actual permit needs to have been granted before qualifying, then no pin. Pretty sure there are other pins out there for sites not yet officially approved (ex. Burlington MA) - so I'd probably say this one could be added (especially since it's listed on Tesla's map as planned too).

Tilton, NH

Along Primary Interstates: I-93
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-3
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: NH-11

I-93

To: Ashland, NH - 18.9 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Lincoln, NH - 44.9 miles

To: Rochester, NH (NH-140, NH-11) - 37.3 miles
To: Brattleboro, VT (I-93, I-89, US-202, NH-9, I-91) - 93.4 miles
To: West Lebanon, NH (NH-11, I-89) - 55.6 miles

New v3 for I-93, also helping with access to the Laconia and Lake Winnipesaukee area.

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer
There could still be hook up requirements on the power feed side that aren't done.
It probably took another week or two up at Ashland from when they reached this point until the chargers were turned on.
I'm assuming the utility also needs to get involved so probably at their mercy as well.

Reactions: Markbb99