Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tilton, NH

North75

Mar 28, 2017
MA
I charged there on Sunday (4/25) afternoon and pulled 240kW (briefly) at about 25% SOC.
I was pretty impressed as I could only get around 180kW max at Ashland a week or so earlier.
Ashland was at similar SOC, but temps might have been a little colder. Car had been preconditioning prior to both sessions.

Reactions: Snow Drift

RiverBrick

Mar 23, 2014
Mount Washington Valley
I was in Tilton Friday afternoon when a green Ford pickup with two male passengers pulled into the spot between me and the only other Tesla.
The occupants spoke to the other Tesla driver briefly, then came over and told me, "this may sound crazy but we just installed a home theater system in the Lakes region and we have another system we need to unload," at which point I cut them off to say I wasn't interested. They then drove off.

Almost certainly it was a type of "white van scam." Beware! A new twist in the old 'White Van Speaker Scam' - Komando.com

It's at least the 4th time scammers have tried it on me, but the first time since 2015.

dhkaufman

May 1, 2020
Lexington, MA
I was in Tilton Friday afternoon when a green Ford pickup with two male passengers pulled into the spot between me and the only other Tesla.
The occupants spoke to the other Tesla driver briefly, then came over and told me, "this may sound crazy but we just installed a home theater system in the Lakes region and we have another system we need to unload," at which point I cut them off to say I wasn't interested. They then drove off.

Almost certainly it was a type of "white van scam." Beware! A new twist in the old 'White Van Speaker Scam' - Komando.com

It's at least the 4th time scammers have tried it on me, but the first time since 2015.

I was the other Tesla driver at Tilton on Friday. I didn't know that scam had a name, but it was pretty clearly a scam. I also cut them off.

Nice to meet you, RiverBrick!

The Tilton supercharger was pretty nice - I got the highest charging rates (150-151KwH) I've seen on my Model S, easy off I93 and only slightly tricky making the left turn to get back on. Decaf coffee from Dunkins was OK until I got to the sludgy grounds at the bottom :(

Reactions: RiverBrick

Snow Drift

[Off-Road Assist] Activated
Feb 10, 2016
Long Island

Hahah, I remember those back when Iived in Boston. Frankly, in the Lakes Region, I am sure it is tempting to a lot of people.

PLUS EV

Running on Empty
Sep 16, 2016
Seattle
The Dunkin Donuts is completely locked so you can't get inside. Drive Thru only. This is super tilting for supercharging drivers as not only does it eliminate bathroom access (didn't try the other businesses but DD would normally be the no hassle bathroom spot), but it also means you have to unplug and sit through the drive thru line if you want to get something there. I realize all these Covid issues are going away soon, but the move to drive thru only has been maddening for me for the last year. Even without the supercharging issue, I find it annoying!

Reactions: Tdreamer

SilverMonk

Nov 4, 2017
Near Toledo, OH
The Dunkin Donuts is completely locked so you can't get inside. Drive Thru only. This is super tilting for supercharging drivers as not only does it eliminate bathroom access (didn't try the other businesses but DD would normally be the no hassle bathroom spot), but it also means you have to unplug and sit through the drive thru line if you want to get something there. I realize all these Covid issues are going away soon, but the move to drive thru only has been maddening for me for the last year. Even without the supercharging issue, I find it annoying!
Might have been horrible timing.
I was at that Dunkin Donuts about 3:30 in the afternoon and purchased a large coffee.
Walked to the Shell (or whatever) station for a restroom, though.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC