Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Traver, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has a new permit for a megapack install at this site. Hopefully the site will be turned on before the batteries are installed. The first permit probably failed for arc fault protection, ground fault requirements or the open conduits into high voltage switching gear. That is my supposition.
For anyone else interested, here's a link to the permit application for the battery system: LINK

Nothing much to see besides the description, though. "Add (1) Tesla Megapack for energy storage at their existing supercharge station"

I stopped by today, plugged in. Still no power.
E85437A4-BCC1-49F8-BD96-D3E2A986D8EA.jpeg
1928CC5F-615D-4F19-943F-E8BDF2AF9D56.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
20201005_104826.jpg
I stopped by at around 11AM this morning. I tried 5/16 connectors. None were on. I talked to the county official present there. He was checking on the transformers in the white cabinets. He said all inspections have passed and they should be on. I told him no, to which he was surprised and said "interesting." I guess all that remains is for Tesla to switch it on remotely.

On a side note, this location is the worst smelling supercharger I've ever been to. You can see the RV in the background. People stop by the gravel area to let their pets relieve themselves. Then there's a goat pen in the other corner. Why there's a picnic table in the middle of all the poo and pee I don't know.

I hope you guys appreciate me inhaling all that crap to talk to the guy.

View attachment 595618I stopped by at around 11AM this morning. I tried 5/16 connectors. None were on. I talked to the county official present there. He was checking on the transformers in the white cabinets. He said all inspections have passed and they should be on. I told him no, to which he was surprised and said "interesting." I guess all that remains is for Tesla to switch it on remotely.

On a side note, this location is the worst smelling supercharger I've ever been to. You can see the RV in the background. People stop by the gravel area to let their pets relieve themselves. Then there's a goat pen in the other corner. Why there's a picnic table in the middle of all the poo and pee I don't know.

I’m thankful for that place being there and having such easy access to and from the freeway. The last time I stopped there in my ICE car I couldn’t hold it anymore so I stopped at the truck stop across the street and boy was I glad it was there. Like you say, the truck stop bathrooms and area weren’t the most pleasant smelling or cleanest by a long shot but I’m glad they were there.

I still get the feeling they will not work until they show up in the nav.

View attachment 595618I stopped by at around 11AM this morning. I tried 5/16 connectors. None were on. I talked to the county official present there. He was checking on the transformers in the white cabinets. He said all inspections have passed and they should be on. I told him no, to which he was surprised and said "interesting." I guess all that remains is for Tesla to switch it on remotely.

County inspector was right, in a way. All inspections now complete, project listed as finaled. All that is left is for Tesla to activate
1549C9BE-E205-4FBC-83EF-88AD048A45FD.jpeg