Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Traver, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they’ve started installing the charging pedestals

Attachments

• 15ACB4CD-3ABE-4CD9-AA1E-22B028864050.jpeg
    15ACB4CD-3ABE-4CD9-AA1E-22B028864050.jpeg
    619.9 KB · Views: 179
There is nothing “urban” about Traver. Version 3 makes sense. Twenty minutes will let the new cars have enough juice to reach Stockton/Sac or Tejon Ranch/Santa Clarita.

A seventy-two kilowatt maximum would require an hour or longer for similar results.

Reactions: Misterbee
Nice! Did you see any transformer on site? Shouldn’t be too far behind since this is Edison territory. PG&E territory seem to be the laggards with the transformer installs.

I didn't pay attention but now, yes, green transformer is just behind the white 4 cabinets on the right-hand side of the picture. There's another white 5 cabinets on its right, and could those be batteries?

eq2eAeU.jpg

Nex to the wooden bench, there are 6 big conduits. Are they supposed to have electrical cables there too?

GWbsEuM.jpg

I didn't pay attention but now, yes, green transformer is just behind the white 4 cabinets on the right-hand side of the picture. There's another white 5 cabinets on its right, and could those be batteries?

eq2eAeU.jpg

Nex to the wooden bench, there are 6 big conduits. Are they supposed to have electrical cables there too?

GWbsEuM.jpg

Thats awesome and great pictures. The green box is the Power transformer from PGE. The white boxes behind it are the cabinets each feeding 4 stalls and the white box to the right is the switchgear with protection equipment and metering for PGE. It looks like there is a slab and conduit remaining that could house a MegaPack in the future if Tesla wants to install and peak shave their supercharger site the demand charges can be quite high depending on the time of day cars charge.

Reactions: Tam
Thats awesome and great pictures. The green box is the Power transformer from PGE. The white boxes behind it are the cabinets each feeding 4 stalls and the white box to the right is the switchgear with protection equipment and metering for PGE. It looks like there is a slab and conduit remaining that could house a MegaPack in the future if Tesla wants to install and peak shave their supercharger site the demand charges can be quite high depending on the time of day cars charge.
There are still pipes coming up from the ground but I think that you’re right. There’s a final inspection planned for today and the electrical service connection inspection passed.
4C1A544F-487E-48CC-81AC-372176F1B723.png

I went through yesterday and checked things out as well, no change.

Really looking forward to this one - home to Tejon Ranch is basically a 100% charge for me. Not a problem headed South when I start at home and don’t care how long it takes to complete a range charge, but a real drag when the only good option coming home is to sit at Tejon for an hour and wait for the last 10% to trickle in at 10kw.

Reactions: RipcurlNg and shs1