Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tsawwassen BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The buffet on board the ferries is very good! It's not at all like the White Spot restaurants on land.
Having said that, I disagree with you vehemently as well! It's human nature to be late, especially when heading for a transportation environment. Most people just don't allow enough time as they are pre occupied with life.
I do agree that having a SC on the other side is definitely a smart idea as people, as I mentioned, can pull in, charge and shop, and avoid the ferry rush home. So a charger on the 17 in Sidney on Beacon Avenue would be ideal for this.
WHY THE HELL ARE YOU CONTRADICTING EVERYTHING EVERYONE IS SAYING?!

Are you kidding me? The food on the boats is the WORST! We pack picnic lunches and, whenever possible, stay in the car. If we can't we take our food up with us. BC Ferries food is downright disgusting.
I’m talking about the Pacific Buffet, not the cafeteria food. I should have clarified that.
Have you tried the buffet? You will be pleasantly surprised!

I fail to see the need for this location. When people head for the ferry on the 17, they are rushing to catch it. There is no time to stop for half an hour and charge.
It's only advantage would be if you are coming off the ferry and you can pull in for a charge while you let the ferry traffic subside.
You could shop while you wait but probably won't need to eat as the buffet and cafeteria on board the ferries would be a much better venue for eating than a food court in a strip mall! Anyone coming up from the States would find this location out of the way as you head to Vancouver!

Ummm... man, are you being argumentative just for the sake of it? (takes one to know one, and I'm definitely argumentative!)
Folks that drive a Tesla already know about proper time planning and leaving time for charging, etc. I'm not currently a Tesla driver, but owners can correct me if I'm wrong. As a tourist, when we anticipated hitting a ferry, we treated it like a domestic flight - get there early, and so if there's time, grab some food while waiting.

And if Tsawwassen Mills is anything like CrossIron Mills or Vaughn Mills out East, it's not a fricking strip mall. We have full-service restaurants and everything in there, the food selection will be bigger and better than on a ferry. Let's see... Milestones, Montana's, Starbucks, A&W.... anything you could want :)

This is a great spot, and happy to also see Victoria on the list for 2018. Aside from an Abbotsford/Langley/Surrey/Burnaby SC that would really help those on long distance drives into Van and onto the Island.

I can’t believe the negativity I’m getting from my posts on this one Supercharger site in Tsawassen!
I was just offering my views on what I believe will happen. No need to get aggressive here!
After travelling this route to the ferry for more than twenty years, I know what it’s like for many people trying to catch the ferry, electric car or no electric car! It’m not trying to start an argument here. I respect your posts so please respect mine!
Thank you!

If you're travelling that route for 20 years, then you're probably a commuter who knows the drill and will have a plan in place to take care of that. In my opinion, the SC network is not for daily commuters per se. What was your commute/how much distance/frequency? Would you have had home or destination charging on that route?

Tesla Model X waiting for his first go at the Supercharger.
IMG_3901.JPG

I went to check it out and found a technician working on the chargers. They appeared to be ready to go but some paving needs to be patched up. The technician indicated that they were hoping to open Monday.