Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tulsa, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully adding capacity in OKC doesn't take another 6 years! We've also got Henryetta on the schedule for this year so hopefully that further serves to end the trend.

Edit: I also tested the chargers this morning and they seemed to be working fine. I wasn't the only one there either.

I'm still surprised Tulsa received a new operational SC location before OKC. Has anyone been able to pull 250kw or close to it without one of the V3 cabinets working?

We've also got Henryetta on the schedule for this year so hopefully that further serves to end the trend.

If you mean that "Target opening in Q4 2023" on the Tesla "find us" site, that's been on there for years and gets pushed forward to a new date periodically. Believe me, I wish it was a real date. Lots of discussions about this in the forums for years. If you know something specific, please post it.

I'm still blown away they haven't put one in Henryetta yet.
They have to have cooperation from a land owner. Last year, we had an OKC Tesla owner wine and dine the Henryetta mayor, give test rides, etc., but to no avail. Somebody local has to pony up the space, etc. Her comment was, "we HAVE a local charger and nobody ever uses it." Yeah, there are two, Francis Energy charges. There was supposedly a deal that almost went through with a recently build large gas station, but the deal fell through.

If I knew how to get in touch with Troy Aikman we could put a bug in his ear since he's from there. He does other stuff for the city.

If you mean that "Target opening in Q4 2023" on the Tesla "find us" site, that's been on there for years and gets pushed forward to a new date periodically. Believe me, I wish it was a real date. Lots of discussions about this in the forums for years. If you know something specific, please post it.
What’s changed is the “Q4” part. Historically it’s been target opening in “current year +1” with no quarter listed but since late last year it’s been given the specific timeframe of fourth quarter 2023 and it’s remained so through today.

If you look around at other chargers on their map (like Mountain Home, ID) that don’t have quarters listed, these are chargers that have been kicked down the road with no specific plans. Henryetta has been kicked down the road for years but since it now has a specific quarter I believe plans have been firmed up on the location.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
What’s changed is the “Q4” part. Historically it’s been target opening in “current year +1” with no quarter listed but since late last year it’s been given the specific timeframe of fourth quarter 2023 and it’s remained so through today.

If you look around at other chargers on their map (like Mountain Home, ID) that don’t have quarters listed, these are chargers that have been kicked down the road with no specific plans. Henryetta has been kicked down the road for years but since it now has a specific quarter I believe plans have been firmed up on the location.
"I believe plans have been firmed up on the location." Proof? Or hope?

A312A318-B383-4B9A-A20D-8BBD33480986.jpeg

34C547AC-AB11-4B80-89CE-9557B33964D7.jpeg

I hit 180kW at 40% SoC. I’m sure it would reach the full 250 thankfully.

Is this Supercharger working today? We’re on our way to it, predicted to arrive at 3% but the in car nav shows 0 stalls available. I find it unlikely that 24 are in use. Earlier today it showed 4 posts out of service.

The app says 21 of 24 available @ 11am Central. It's my understanding from the statewide Tesla FB group that it has not "yet" shown up to be navagated to in your car, but it has been working.

Edit: Tesla Charging on Twitter says it's officially alive as of March 23rd, but trust the app for near live status.
Tesla Charging

Last edited:
The app says 21 of 24 available @ 11am Central. It's my understanding from the statewide Tesla FB group that it has not "yet" shown up to be navagated to in your car, but it has been working.

Edit: Tesla Charging on Twitter says it's officially alive as of March 23rd, but trust the app for near live status.
Tesla Charging
It has shown in the car navigation since at least Tuesday as that’s when I first saw it while looking g at charging options for our drive north. We’re charging now & it’s working. We pulled in with 5%.

Reactions: Mark57
Everyone needs to vote for Mcalester:

Unless all of the region agrees to vote on it, we’ll just lose to a site in Florida or California that’s just barely, slightly, marginally more convenient for the owners in those areas again.

It’s hard to overcome all the owners in those states and the voting is based solely on raw numbers not enthusiasm.

Reactions: Mark57
Unless all of the region agrees to vote on it, we’ll just lose to a site in Florida or California that’s just barely, slightly, marginally more convenient for the owners in those areas again.

It’s hard to overcome all the owners in those states and the voting is based solely on raw numbers not enthusiasm.

I realize they show the total number of people voting, but do we actually know that that's the only criterion that they use?

Reactions: L3X1

It would be cool if you could put all 5 of your votes to one location if you wanted to...

Reactions: L3X1 and lynyrdM