Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tustin, CA - Franklin Ave. (LIVE 26 May 2023, 36 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like this site is getting pretty close to being done but we were just thinking for all the stalls they have here there sure aren't very many amenities. There's a Korean restaurant that's walkable but what about restrooms and things? Also this site's so huge I don't know if it's going to get filled but magic docks might have been a good plan.
Also, India Gate is there. One of the best Indian restaurants in the area. But yeah, as far as restrooms or other amenities...I don't think there will be any unless they somehow allow access to the office buildings in there.

Reactions: Falcon73
Progress. Looks like they’re closing in. Hosing down stations, prepping for paving (I believe.), etc. I didn’t see a transformer per se but with 30+ spots there may be something I didn’t recognize. There was a large cabinet with warning signs but nothing hooked up. I would think there’s a chance completion could be in a couple of weeks but I’m an optimist.

Attachments

• IMG_3366.jpeg
    IMG_3366.jpeg
    676.2 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3365.jpeg
    IMG_3365.jpeg
    958.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3364.jpeg
    IMG_3364.jpeg
    899 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3363.jpeg
    IMG_3363.jpeg
    793.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3361.jpeg
    IMG_3361.jpeg
    560.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3359.jpeg
    IMG_3359.jpeg
    733.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3360.jpeg
    IMG_3360.jpeg
    647.5 KB · Views: 113
Progress. Looks like they’re closing in. Hosing down stations, prepping for paving (I believe.), etc. I didn’t see a transformer per se but with 30+ spots there may be something I didn’t recognize. There was a large cabinet with warning signs but nothing hooked up. I would think there’s a chance completion could be in a couple of weeks but I’m an optimist.

Paving was done over the weekend. Transformer placed today. Electrical hookup by SCE should be all that's left.

Plugged in here yesterday. Didn't get charged...I was the only person there for almost the entire time because it's not even on the map yet. Maybe I didn't get charged because it's so new. Not complaining though!
I routed my best friend there yesterday, he was coming from TJ. He had to manually put the address in since it does not show in the car yet. The i video call him and that parking lot is super dark and he was the only one there. He was like: this is freaky hahaha

I routed my best friend there yesterday, he was coming from TJ. He had to manually put the address in since it does not show in the car yet. The i video call him and that parking lot is super dark and he was the only one there. He was like: this is freaky hahaha
Yeah it was pitch black when I went other than the spot I chose which was under one of the 2 working lights haha. Then my friend came by when I was almost done charging and all of the lights came on. Also, I kind of cheated by preconditioning with the Tustin - Kensington location since this one wasn’t on the map.

Reactions: rayluis1988
Yeah it was pitch black when I went other than the spot I chose which was under one of the 2 working lights haha. Then my friend came by when I was almost done charging and all of the lights came on. Also, I kind of cheated by preconditioning with the Tustin - Kensington location since this one wasn’t on the map.
Hahha yes, my friend also did it. he preconditioned to another one of the tustin SC.

Reactions: KJTZZLA
Stopped by to check it out. It’s fairly remote and hidden m. Nested between office buildings with closest plaza is Indian Gate and that Korean place nearby. They just opened some cafe in the same parking lot as the charger. While all nearby chargers are full, this place was empty. One one other car charging.

Good place for a quick tip off. Other than that, nothing around to eat or to use the restroom.

My wife and I dropped in this morning and enjoyed the fast charging at a currently underutilized charging site and enjoyed the coffee and pastry at Leovici...about 30 yards from our charging car. Got about 130 range miles added into the car by the time we finished our pecan sticky bun. Great stop of roadtrippers and folks on a coffee-break. I found the parking lot courtyard to be quite serene but it was also a very quiet Saturday morning.

My wife and I dropped in this morning and enjoyed the fast charging at a currently underutilized charging site and enjoyed the coffee and pastry at Leovici...about 30 yards from our charging car. Got about 130 range miles added into the car by the time we finished our pecan sticky bun. Great stop of roadtrippers and folks on a coffee-break. I found the parking lot courtyard to be quite serene but it was also a very quiet Saturday morning.
Oh wow, I had no idea there was a cafe inside one of the office buildings. Good call out. Thanks!