Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tustin, CA (LIVE 16 Nov 2021, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exact location not stated yet but if I had to guess (based on "Tustin Legacy") it's probably in The District (there's a Target) or maybe the nearby shopping center with Stater Brothers.

tustin_supercharger.png

I expect that Tesla is no longer planning on building any new V2 Superchargers
It depends. Was looking up for a friend in NorCal supercharger status (Dublin, CA) nearby his apt. It’s co-located with Target and is a 150kw installation. PG&E seems to be holding it up. They may have been limited by transformer capacity unable to support 250kw. But yeah, for most part, 250kw ones have been popping up.

It depends. Was looking up for a friend in NorCal supercharger status (Dublin, CA) nearby his apt. It’s co-located with Target and is a 150kw installation. PG&E seems to be holding it up. They may have been limited by transformer capacity unable to support 250kw. But yeah, for most part, 250kw ones have been popping up.
That Dublin site started construction well over a year ago before they phased out V2's. I wouldn't use that site as an example of anything current.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah and trey
Location more or less confirmed. It's going to be in the Stater Brothers shopping center on Kensington Park Drive (Tustin Ranch Rd./Edinger). The permit says 15000-15190 Kensington Park Drive. That could be anywhere in the shopping center from the Hoag medical offices on the north end to Dunkin' Donuts / CVS on the south end. For now, the permit is still making the rounds through the approval process.

Screenshot from 2020-10-06 09-28-09.png

Screenshot from 2020-10-06 09-34-54.png

Not a Supercharger but there's a new permit from EVgo - they're installing 6 DCFCs in the parking lot of the Fairfield Inn & Suites at the 55 and Edinger. It's right across the street from Micro Center. So if you have a Chademo adapter, you'll be all set for nearby charging the next time you decide to camp out overnight in the hopes of scoring an RTX 3xxx GPU :)

but 12 stalls maybe?
Permit description still says 2 cabinets and 8 stalls. Maybe they'll be installing some, i.e. 4, L2 stations alongside or they are counting things in a weird way. Or, it could be the description which is wrong. We'll have to wait until someone gets eyes on the construction for us to see some ground truth.

Permit description still says 2 cabinets and 8 stalls. Maybe they'll be installing some, i.e. 4, L2 stations alongside or they are counting things in a weird way. Or, it could be the description which is wrong. We'll have to wait until someone gets eyes on the construction for us to see some ground truth.

The description is most likely accurate (it took me a little while to find it; it can be seen by clicking the down arrow on the right side of the upper blue box). It's not clear exactly what counts toward the different numbers on the "More Info" section, aside from the single 201-1000 amp electrical service: 11 "power appar" or "large appliance"s of over 100 "HP/KW/KVA/KVAR" and 12 miscellaneous conduits and conductors. I wouldn't expect either of these numbers to exactly match the number of charging pedestals, as there are other things being installed and wired up. If I had to guess, the 11 bits of equipment would be 8 pedestals + 2 chargers + switchgear/common DC bus.

Reactions: rckybbby