Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vacaville, CA (expanded in 2017, 16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see you’ve never been to a California supercharger. :p
I used to stop at Rocklin to charge to make it over Donner Summit but lately all 19 stations have been occupied by Model 3s before delivery. It's a real problem since the closest alternative is Roseville Galleria with only 7 stations and it's usually full also. I've taken to driving through downtown Sacramento to stop at Arden Fair Mall (no waiting... yet) but that is a detour.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I see you’ve never been to a California supercharger.
Actually I was there last month at about 4pm on a weekday and half the chargers were full then. I was able to snag a clear pair. I would have thought that Fairfield would have lessened the demand a bit. I suspect the addition of all these Model 3's is a pretty big impact.

But I hear yah. LA and the Bay Area, along with the Rocklin/Roseville chargers are insane with traffic.

The good news is that I am in California but don't have to commute much so I can charge enough at home to get me past all of these congested chargers into the real world.:p

Reactions: ohmman and bxr140
We need to start tallying the three different models of Teslas that are charging at these congested locations. What percentage are 3, S, and X? Will these percentages reflect the relative volumes of sales (given the head starts with Model S and X, and the initial inducement of free, lifetime Supercharging) or will the usage be skewed?

I am not sure how to tabulate this information, but it might make a good project where people can add the information to as they charge at these locations, much like the wiki for most Superchargers visited.

• Helpful
Reactions: Blup85
Stopped here today and had a little trouble finding a restroom. There’s one by the police station.

Facing SE away from the chargers, head toward Zales. Bear left toward Clarks and you should see the police station and the restrooms.
There is another restroom closer by, from the Chargers go west toward Loft and it’s just around the corner. Southwest corner of that building.