Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vacaville, CA (expanded in 2017, 16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20170818_151141.jpg

Full today (Fri. @3:15pm), and new units still not open yet.

Are the pedestals lit at night? No one gave indication of that status. That's usually sign they're on.

Are we sure those cones mean "No Tesla", and don't mean "No Non-Tesla" like they do in many other places? Has anybody tried taking a cone out of the way and tried that SuperCharger?
I'll be by around 9am tomorrow to test..

Was here this afternoon at 3 pm. All spots taken and a line of four cars waiting. When we were leaving, there was still a 3 car line (off to the right in the picture below.) No way to tell in advance, since the in-car indication of stall use doesn't seem to be working today. Also, max charging rate was only 50 kW, which probably isn't surprising given the full utilization of the stalls.

There was a landscape crew working on the area around the new pedestals. The stalls weren't lit up yet, unfortunately.

D5NalNF.jpg

Was here this afternoon at 3 pm. All spots taken and a line of four cars waiting. When we were leaving, there was still a 3 car line (off to the right in the picture below.) No way to tell in advance, since the in-car indication of stall use doesn't seem to be working today. Also, max charging rate was only 50 kW, which probably isn't surprising given the full utilization of the stalls.

There was a landscape crew working on the area around the new pedestals. The stalls weren't lit up yet, unfortunately.

D5NalNF.jpg

What is the deal with the in-car indication of stall use not working? It hasn't worked the last couple days. Just brutal timing with the eclipse.

What is the deal with the in-car indication of stall use not working? It hasn't worked the last couple days. Just brutal timing with the eclipse.
So far no one knows what the problem is with that but it has been inoperative for days now. Please continue the discussion about that issue in the existing thread at Maps no longer showing Supercharger Occupancy

Thank you.

I am at Vacaville right now and charging at one of the 8 new stalls. Three other cars are charging at some of the other 8 new stalls. Don't know exactly when they became operational, but they clearly are now.

It is 98F here. I arrived with about 45 miles of range left and quickly got 112kW of charging power despite the heat. I am not paired with anyone.

NOTE: the "stalls available" function in the nav (which started working for me today after many days of not working) still showns only 8 stalls for this location. Just before I arrived it showed 7 of 8 stalls as available but actually there were 4 cars charging at the original 8 stalls and 2 at the 8 new stalls.

I am at Vacaville right now and charging at one of the 8 new stalls. Three other cars are charging at some of the other 8 new stalls. Don't know exactly when they became operational, but they clearly are now.

It is 98F here. I arrived with about 45 miles of range left and quickly got 112kW of charging power despite the heat. I am not paired with anyone.

NOTE: the "stalls available" function in the nav (which started working for me today after many days of not working) still showns only 8 stalls for this location. Just before I arrived it showed 7 of 8 stalls as available but actually there were 4 cars charging at the original 8 stalls and 2 at the 8 new stalls.
Fabulous news. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: Daniel Smith
The nav is showing all 16 for me now. Also, the new bank of stalls is paired ABABABAB unlike the old which is AAAABBBB so keep an eye out for pairing.

I just plugged into an old stall (all old and new stalls are currently half full so no choice but to pair) and am getting a dreadful 23kW. Fortunately that means I can try the burrito place across the street finally. Was hoping to charge enough to make it to Walnut Creek tomorrow morning without stopping in the morning but oh well.

The nav is showing all 16 for me now. Also, the new bank of stalls is paired ABABABAB unlike the old which is AAAABBBB so keep an eye out for pairing.

I just plugged into an old stall (all old and new stalls are currently half full so no choice but to pair) and am getting a dreadful 23kW. Fortunately that means I can try the burrito place across the street finally. Was hoping to charge enough to make it to Walnut Creek tomorrow morning without stopping in the morning but oh well.
Seems like a pair would be a better choice in this case.

Did you report the slow charging to Tesla? I would have thought that they would have fixed the slow charging issues there when they fully opened the new stalls. Even when paired, 23kw is unacceptable.

I always dreaded that former pairing. When I was last there (> month ago) they were doing repairs and had the stalls down for at least an hour and a half. They kept saying they would be back up in half an hour. By the time they turned the juice back on, I had to try 3 different stalls before I got decent charge rate.

IMO, you should try any of the new stalls since the equipment is newer and less likely to have issues. Although Palladio (being a new Supercharger location at the time) did have problems on certain stalls when they first opened.

New chargers have been working great for me for the past few days. Immediate full power even with this heat (I have a 75 so I usually max out around 94-96kW). I also haven't seen a line in Vacaville at rush hour like I used to see on occasion. Very pleased.

The new chargers light up, the old ones weren't replaced or anything so they're still the non-lit ones.