Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vacaville, CA (expanded in 2017, 16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the charging cables new too or did they just replace the outer shells?

It was late, I'm not sure to be honest. I'd be pretty confident they replaced the cables too, because I use that station a lot and seem to recall that the plug was in good shape and plugged in very easily. I lost power once for some strange reason (the car told me to check the owner's manual for my power cable) but it came right back up a second or two later, too quick for me to snap a picture. I was the only car there so no idea if it was me or the supercharger.

Went shopping at the outlets yesterday and parked at the new charging side. They were no available free pairing so I just took the first available stall (5B?). Happy to report that I was getting around 94kW rate initially so it appears the other stall was tapering down. There were more cars there when I arrived and when I unplugged there were only 3 cars total with one just coming in as I left. With Sacramento getting their own Supercharger soon, I think we're in good shape unless you want to charge in San Mateo.

I was at Vacaville yesterday at about 12:30PM. There are several parking lot spaces adjacent to the Superchargers that are newly fenced off with chain link fencing as if some kind of construction is going to start. I have no idea if the fenced off area is related to the Superchargers or not. It would seem unlikely, since this Supercharger location was recently expanded and that expansion is finished. Here's a photo of what I saw:

IMG_0421.JPG

I was at Vacaville yesterday at about 12:30PM. There are several parking lot spaces adjacent to the Superchargers that are newly fenced off with chain link fencing as if some kind of construction is going to start. I have no idea if the fenced off area is related to the Superchargers or not. It would seem unlikely, since this Supercharger location was recently expanded and that expansion is finished. Here's a photo of what I saw:

View attachment 246822
That's the new Tesla Supercharger kids' playpen. Coming soon to a Supercharger near you!

View attachment 246822

My guess based on the timing of its appearance is that this is where they staged the new pedestals and the equipment to install them, and that they just haven't removed the fence. I was there a few days prior to the pedestals and that fence wasn't there.

I use this charger when visiting the bay from Chico. I'm curious if this is regional traffic or local folks still getting free supercharging?

I am not sure since I have only been to this one twice - both times when I needed to go from the Concord, CA area up to Rocklin and back. My S75 would likely only make it home with 10 miles left so I stop for 15 minutes or so of charging. I do see all the other cars seem to be there a lot longer.

Reactions: Blup85