Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vadnais Heights, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With construction started in Bloomington and Maple Grove, I decided to drive around the parking lots here on Friday. There's a shipping container in the SW corner of the strip mall lot, but it had a big FOSS Swim School coming soon banner on it. No other activity anywhere in that lot or the Target lot.

Yeah, after seeing the starts for those two locations I checked for more dig notices in the shopping center area and came up empty for anything that would be supercharger construction related. As a bit of positive reassurance that it's still in the works, both Bloomington and Maple Grove show up on Tesla's map with a Q3 opening target, while Vadnais Heights is on there with a Q4 target. So, my impression is that it will be done by the same company doing the others but after those are finished.

1652121460353.png

construction of the other chargers are done, anyone see any activity here yet?
Basic construction at Bloomington is done, but that crew could go anywhere in the 5 state area…
Maple Grove is still in progress. Monticello or North Branch could be next as well.
The site survey link shows the area of impact to be the parking lot just west of the Target parking lot. It is hard to tell where a good location for a transformer would be; maybe the strip of grass / median over toward the Panera Bread?
Hopefully an actual permit will come to light soon…

Tesla “Find Us” map was just Updated. Vadnais Heights, MN pin has been Removed.

Also there has never been Find Us pin for Lino Lakes, MN.

I believe both of the Permit pins should be Deleted on Supercharge. Info.
The past 3 or 4 times Tesla has made a quarterly update to the map there were sites that disappeared that shouldn't have, and they added them back a few days later. Let's wait a little longer before removing Vadnais Heights.

Lino Lakes looks like it was never a sure thing anyway, so I've removed it. Thanks for the heads up on that.