Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vernon, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possible - yes (I believe Tesla can disable the post lights to comply with local sign illumination ordinances). But very highly improbable - posts being lit up is usually the tell-tail sign that it's gone live. Other than visiting a site and plugging in to confirm it's live, another means recently added by Tesla that has recently added is to use the Tesla mobile app on your phone to see if a site shows up (Vernon is not yet present in the app). These days it will usually show up in the app almost immediately upon completion of commissioning. It can day hours or even days before it shows up as an available supercharger in the car's built-in nav though.

Just picked up my M3P Saturday. Perfect timing on these stalls opening. Can confirm its live. (Battery wasnt low enough for 250kw or preconditioned because its not on the Tesla maps at this specific moment in time). But its live, you can come here and Supercharge. Taco Bell, Wendys, Starbucks all literally steps away from the chargers.

Its actually in an annoying part of the parking lot. All the through traffic for the area passes right in front of where the cars charge, i mean literally a couple feet in front of them, no curbs separating them out. Annoying, but hey, ill take it.

IMG_0556.jpeg
IMG_0557.jpeg
IMG_0558.jpeg

Reactions: kayak1 and labachlr
Just picked up my M3P Saturday. Perfect timing on these stalls opening. Can confirm its live. (Battery wasnt low enough for 250kw or preconditioned because its not on the Tesla maps at this specific moment in time). But its live, you can come here and Supercharge. Taco Bell, Wendys, Starbucks all literally steps away from the chargers.

Its actually in an annoying part of the parking lot. All the through traffic for the area passes right in front of where the cars charge, i mean literally a couple feet in front of them, no curbs separating them out. Annoying, but hey, ill take it.

View attachment 946734View attachment 946735View attachment 946736
Traffic-wise, it's probably less annoying than Manchester though.

Might get to test these ones out next week.

Traffic-wise, it's probably less annoying than Manchester though.

Might get to test these ones out next week.
These are absolutely worse than the Manchester ones. To back up into your stall, you have to block "2 lanes" of traffic in the busy parking lot. These 2 lanes are not even big enough for 2 way traffic. While i was there, people coming and people leaving had to stop and wait for the other to pass, before they could proceed.

In the end, it shouldn't be a problem for us. I would recommend if you're pulling into the parking lot, make sure nobody is behind you as you approach your stall (pull over to the side, on the entrance to the lot before hand) and then go grab a stall.

And definitely make sure your sentry mode is on. I can envision fender benders happening here.

These are absolutely worse than the Manchester ones. To back up into your stall, you have to block "2 lanes" of traffic in the busy parking lot. These 2 lanes are not even big enough for 2 way traffic. While i was there, people coming and people leaving had to stop and wait for the other to pass, before they could proceed.

In the end, it shouldn't be a problem for us. I would recommend if you're pulling into the parking lot, make sure nobody is behind you as you approach your stall (pull over to the side, on the entrance to the lot before hand) and then go grab a stall.

And definitely make sure your sentry mode is on. I can envision fender benders happening here.
Aaahhhh, ok.

I meant actually getting TO the location, but yeah, tight paying lot configurations suck too

Reactions: kayak1
I went twice over Father’s Day weekend. Tough spots to back into.
There is really only one way in and out of the plaza (there are two, but one is limited access), so that means all plaza traffic is traveling past the supercharging spots to get to Taco Bell and Wendy’s.
Both times I went, the Starbucks was closed.
There’s a good deli less than a mile away, Rein’s Deli. Highly recommend stopping there for some food either on your way in or out.
Also not a trash can to be spotted anywhere from the charging spots..