Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Visalia, CA #2 (under construction May 2022, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately still nothing there. I'm planning to do a trip to Sequoia National Park mid-August. Now that we have the Chademo support, it would be very helpful to have it to give me an extra option to charge in Visalia on the way in or out of Sequoia. Does anyone know where I could borrow or rent one for my trip?

The Omni group (Developers) website was updated with a background image that shows plans for 24 supercharger stalls (they show 25, but one is in a striped walkway)

Goshen-Visalia Truck Stop And Travel Center – OMNI DEVELOPMENT GROUP

Link to plans image - far edge of Comfort Suites parking lot is labelled Tesla Supercharger:
https://omnidevelopmentgroup.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Goshen-4.jpg

Zoomed in:
screenshot-omnidevelopmentgroup.net-2019.10.16-07_44_06.png

The latest permits issued for the site was in August for "Approval of site grading, installation of storm drain, sewer, and water for commercial site". So I'd guess sometime mid 2020.

This location is east of SR99, and looks to be less than a quarter mile from the off ramp at Betty Dr. Right now there is a mobile home park on much of the ground. West Ave. is not on any map, so perhaps this will be constructed once the mobile home park is (assumed) razed.

This might take a little stress off Fresno (although there are a lot of locals who hang out there.)

Visalia, CA

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: CA-99, CA-198

CA-99

To: Fresno, CA - 45.2 miles
Diversion: 1.3 miles
To: Manteca - Spreckels Ave, CA (Construction) - 145 miles

CA-198

To: Sequoia National Park, CA - 44.2 miles
Diversion: 6 miles

People from other states get to peer into their distant future as Tesla continues to fill in a state route in their biggest market.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
I'm happy to hear of some progress now. So, it looks like the superchargers that Tesla promised would be completed in Visalia by the end of 2017 will be completed during 2020. In other words, right on schedule (Tesla timing, of course ;)).
Unsurprising given that this build is tied to the much larger development project for the location. Tesla isn't really in charge of their own schedule there as all delays on the general development side get automatically tacked on to supercharger build schedule, too. And for a project of this size, multiyear delays are regular enough to not be unusual. The issue is that Tesla ever listed the supercharger as targeted for prior years at all, not that they are being slow.

Visalia, CA

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: CA-99, CA-198

CA-99

To: Fresno, CA - 45.2 miles
Diversion: 1.3 miles
To: Manteca - Spreckels Ave, CA (Construction) - 145 miles

CA-198

To: Sequoia National Park, CA - 44.2 miles
Diversion: 6 miles

People from other states get to peer into their distant future as Tesla continues to fill in a state route in their biggest market.
CA-99 probably gets more traffic than any road in Maine. :p
66,000 vehicles a day at that location. It’s six lanes wide.

CA-99 probably gets more traffic than any road in Maine. :p
66,000 vehicles a day at that location. It’s six lanes wide.
Not to mention that the San Joaquin Valley contains 3x the population of Maine, still has lots of potential marketshare to be gained, and can benefit greatly by a reduction of pollution due to its topography. This is especially relevant with the upcoming unveiling of the Tesla Pickup, given that the San Joaquin Valley is the most productive agricultural region in the United States (even producing more in dollar value than any state, including the rest of California). CA-99 runs through every major city of the San Joaquin Valley (except Clovis and Tracy, if they count) whereas I-5 is basically used for long distance travel.

I need moar! I've been waiting for years for this freakin thing. Anybody that lives nearby see if the mobile home business is still there. @dbish confirmed it was still there no 11/1/19
Just drove by and can confirm the mobile home business is still there and the only signs of construction is on the opposite side of the road. Looks like they're building a gas station

• Informative
Reactions: Tam