Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waitomo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shop around, some electricity companies give you the benefit of DCFC cost at the same rate as your home.

In my case Genesis EVGo plan means i can use Chargenet and get charged 14c/kWh.
You get a night rate to charge on a public charger during the day? I am struggling to get a night rate to charge at home during the night!

Shortly I will be a year up on contract with Contact Energy. I think there's going to be a reckoning. Thing is, Contact are bloody hard to contact at the best of times.

Electric Kiwi have failed to come back to me today from enquiry left at the weekend.

Just go straight to powerswitch.

If you decide to switch from your current provider to whoever is recommended then the process will handle the changeover easy. I’ve done this twice now and its much more painless than feared.

Reactions: Audietron
who in their right mind would use them for over $1/kw? when many charge net are free and other 300KW charge net charge only $0.85/KW
Someone with a bad case of range anxiety.

By assuring they find someplace else to charge at pain of being ripped off, mostly, this will go some way to calming down the Tesla owners that get upset at a non Tesla EV charging on "their" charger.

Just go straight to powerswitch.

If you decide to switch from your current provider to whoever is recommended then the process will handle the changeover easy. I’ve done this twice now and its much more painless than feared.
Electric Kiwi came back. Basically they ignored me with my current situation and wanted me to get onto Contact to rectify the problem through the meter provider. That is no cell data at my meter so no variable tariff available to me.

I need a retailer that will work with a wifi meter reporting the charger use and deducting that from the household use overall. Not so difficult.

Yeah i wouldn’t risk getting door dinged at places like the warehouse for ~$2 worth of free juice.
charging spots are closest to the store and very safe parking lots...
I had some 80KM round trip to charge from Paihia to little over kerikeri... from 13% I reached toped up 100% in 3 hours when doing some shopping and watching movie... returned with 90% charge at paihia, around 10ish at Auckland.

same NZlanders go to different stores... so nothing to do with warehouse ;) 😂