Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Walnut Creek, CA (LIVE 24 Oct 2019, 24 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pictures!

15D99D65-ABCB-4EF3-AC99-3CACA80D467D.jpeg
0DAD85C4-540A-4105-B5B1-267460FC1FC7.jpeg
447BE67D-0F02-4A00-A0C6-C00A86DF994A.jpeg
611DA8F9-43C2-49A1-B831-7174CECD1CD1.jpeg
E7898A36-5E87-4540-BDF5-8523C76224EC.jpeg

Thread title updated.

Bruce.

Charging is slower than at the veranda in concord and I’m the only one here.

View attachment 472021 View attachment 472022
The urban style supercharger has a max of 72 kW. But they don't dynamically share power between stalls, so you don't have to worry about whether you're at a paired stall or not. Assuming the hardware is working properly, you'll always get up to 72 kW.

Interesting. The API (and consequently mobile app) now shows the name of this site as "Walnut Creek, CA - Plaza Escuela", although the Tesla "Find Us" map still just shows "Walnut Creek, CA". Haven't checked the nav in the car lately. According to my Supercharger data logger, this happened sometime yesterday. Also the number of stalls seems to have converged on the correct number of 24 (it had been showing 20 for awhile).

Well I thought it was interesting anyway. :)

Bruce.

After the recent Ford Mustang and Focus ICEing and towing by police I was wondering if someone would post a few pictures of the signage. TIA.

Unfortunately, I only have a picture of the side on which ICE cars are allowed. I'm posting it. The article I read about the towed cars says that the other side does say charging only. But the side I have a picture of clearly says that it is general parking for all vehicles. I do see a lot of sites that have multiple versions of the signs like this where some say general parking (often with a time limit) whilst others say that they are for charging only.

Capture.JPG

Unfortunately, I only have a picture of the side on which ICE cars are allowed. I'm posting it. The article I read about the towed cars says that the other side does say charging only. But the side I have a picture of clearly says that it is general parking for all vehicles. I do see a lot of sites that have multiple versions of the signs like this where some say general parking (often with a time limit) whilst others say that they are for charging only.

View attachment 492726

interesting.... question, should they charge idle fees if general parking is allowed?

(Obviously yes but food for thought)